(#3 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

09-15-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolfman View Post
Hello dear members,

I am a collector of vintage/retro LCD-games from the 80ies.

Recently I acquired a japanese game made by Gakken in 1984 which is called "Big Wrestler". The special thing about this little game is, that it is a mixture between board game and lcd-handheld-game, it can be played by up to 4 players.

My problem is - I don´t speak japanese. I´ve tried translating the manual via Readiris and Google, but the text is totally garbled and makes no sense. From try-and-play I think I got the single-player-mode, but I still don´t get the multiplayer mode.

Is there anyone here that might be willing and able to help me? I don´t need a word-by-word translation - I want to understand the game and be able to play it with my friends.

I´ve uploaded a full scan of the original game here, as forum regulations prohibit uploads that exceed 20 KB: BigWrestler.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Wolf
1: big wrestler usage manual
2: table of contents
3: explains you can play with multiple players (new type of game!) and when there are multiple players, you'll each get a corner of the screen to use
4: part names and how to use (from top to bottom: goal, start, can't read, can't read, コマ入れ which literally means "putting in corner" but I don't know what it means here, the rest are English)
5: screen; going clockwise from FOUL CHANCE: foul chance mark, champion mark, can't read, can't read but looks like it has to do with ranking matches, can't read) then 1. mode/on button

I'll stop here for now. It's getting a bit tiring because of the low quality scans making it hard for me to recognize characters. I'm not very good at filling in gaps with guesses.