Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-15-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Thank you so much.
Excellent, and that's the 婚姻要件具備証明書 that I get from the US embassy in Tokyo right? Cause I can't get one in NC, it's only valid for NC.
I read that I need a Affidavit of Competency to Marry, then get it notarized at the embassy in Tokyo. Is that what you're talking about?
I hate the us embassy, we walked there and there was some guard standing outside, I think he said to Mikki you can only get in with an appointment. Hopefully that won't take too long.
Something to be aware of - you will need to have a *translation* notarized if the original document is in English (which it was for us, and probably always is. We just translated it ourselves.)

I have no experience with the embassy in Tokyo. I don't recall having to do anything special for the one in Osaka... But we only went to an actual embassy to pick up the form - everything else we did at the local consulate. (Much easier to get an appointment.)

Quote:
Thanks for the visa info. Can her parents sponsor me? I'd be living with them. Dad is a carpenter and mom does something with real estate, so I guess they have enough income.
Her father should be able to sponsor you with no problems... She herself may be able to sponsor you if she has a full time job...

However, if you are her dependent and she only has a PR visa, you probably will NOT be able to work. As far as I can recall, the dependent of a PR visa holder - which is what you will be visa wise - doesn't necessarily receive work permission. I would check into that.
Does she plan to switch to Japanese citizenship?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.