Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-03-2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
Ghana and Mexico are western..
Ummm thats because Ainu are japanese

LOL korean women aren't exactly flocking to get married to japanese men, this ain't 1940s anymore....its actually the other way around....Asian women are migrating to Korea to get married...and western men and women are migrating to Japan to get married..
Still not the 'western' you were originally banging on about. And your last statement is totally wrong. Most immigrants come here for work or seeking a better way of life and marriage is incidental. The muslim community especially doesn't; many of them have wives at home.

The American/europeans who come here mostly come for the experience of living in a safe asian country on what is generally a glorified gap year or to study but they're certainly not considering marriage. Put it this way, I'm willing to bet I know a damn few more foreigners living in Japan right now than you do, and not a one of them has 'get married' as a goal here. Get laid, yes, but not married. And I know more than three couples who did get married here- but to other foreigners!

The Ainu are listed as 'Japanese' by nationality, but genetically they've got completely separate roots.