View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-07-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
Do you see how fluffy0000 interjected and corrected some misunderstandings with some historical facts?

It's a better way than than just calling people ignorant without any facts or evidence as if we're just supposed to go "yep. He knows what *he's* talking about. You know he's cross-eyed so, obviously, his word is law." Also, it's ironic how you point out someone is cherry picking specific moments in history but then throw out 2 or 3 (of what I would call) examples as if that couldn't be labeled "cherry picking" by your own definition.

I'm no history buff but I doubt anyone is going to agree that the road to freedom that the majority of societies over the past 5,000 years of history traveled upon was in the form of peaceful demonstrations rather than fighting for it.

Whose ignorant now Bioot...no I'm jk. lol I'm not trying to fight because I think we're all ignorant in varying degrees on a variety of topics and we should refute with facts (as we see it) in a polite tone rather than just writing people off. I'm a sensitive guy what can I say.
Um How am I cherry picking?

I haven't put forward a theory on the way the world works.. just debunking Ryozorians theory using events that don't correspond with it or can you not read?

And I did give facts.. or are you denying that the Indian independence movement, the Egyptian uprising and the US civil rights movement never happened? You can throw in the womans suffrage movement in for good measure too.

As for your theory about the last 5000 years. It's just as bogus. I mean for a start what we imagine to be "freedom" is very recent so I'm not sure what sort of point you're trying to make.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 10-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.