View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-08-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
Well, you both are using examples to support your theory based on a few instances in history. He used an example and you used a couple to prove your point. You accused him of 'cherry picking' while you 'cherry picked' a few moments in history to prove your point. .
Sorry what theory am I putting forward?

Quote:
No need for the insult because I can read just fine. Ryozorian is simply stating how he views the world. It might not be how you view the world and events but that doesn't necessarily make it wrong or right.
Am I not allowed to challenge him on that?

Quote:
Would a peaceful movement have worked against the British when America was trying to break free? Would a violent resistance have worked in Egypt? Maybe, maybe not. Though the measures used in each situation were different both met with 'freedom'.
You do realize that this is what I was implying right? Whether a revolution is successful or not depends on the circumstances of the time. Not on some bullsh*t trend that you've pieced together from unrelated cherry picked events. (What Ryozorian was doing)

Quote:
The only difference I see in your arguments is the way to go about protesting freedom: whether with violence or peaceful demonstration.
It's the only point I really took issue with. There is more bullsh*t that spews from Ryozorian's keyboard that I didn't address though. (Like the idea that the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt orchestrated the uprising) But I don't really want to chase that rabbit as in past experiences with him I've never reached the end usually coming back to the beginning because he has no conception of logic or reason. (Check out the other thread on 9/11 that has turned into a global warming debate because of him lol)

Quote:
It's funny how even in our great 'freedom' a lot of people still complain about being "controlled" by the corporate entities or government or caught in the "rat race". So freedom is a definition wide open and always changing.
Agree

Quote:
My point was that peaceful resistance is relatively new as I see it. Fighting for 'freedom'has been around for 1000s of years and most freedoms were fought for.
Agree.. and my point is that this is irrelevant.

Quote:
Freedom 1000 years ago that villages, cities, etc fought for might not be the same freedom as we view it today but was freedom in that time period.
Agree