View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Exclamation 10,000 Free Return Tickets to Japan - 10-11-2011, 11:21 PM

Well, right now it's still very much in the planning stage but seems as it's managed to make it's way onto the Yahoo front page I thought there's no better time to make it.

So what do you think about this, good idea or not?
I'm no economics expert, but I've always thought about offers like these being a little bittersweet. They may spend what, 1.1 billion Yen on this campaign, and surely with the debt Japan is in that won't be good news. I don't know if I can imagine the scale of 10,000 people correctly, but I find it hard to believe that they'll spend up to THAT much all together... and relying on word of mouth to others seems risky, as does relying on them blogging.

Anyways, besides that, do you think this'll be 10,000 people in the whole world, or in selected countries? So far I've seen the stories reported on the American Yahoo, British JNTO Facebook page and Italian news website, so it looks as though it's a global thing.

Do you think they'll succeed in making this happen, or scrap it? I have no idea how the Japanese legal system works on big investment matters like these, so it'll be interesting to hear opinion.