View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaymore View Post
My wife and I were "on camera" back in June (when we were in Japan) as part of an "it is OK to visit Kyoto" campaign.

Unfortunately, the Japanese tourist organization(s) have to counter the impact of the equivalent of gazillions of dollars of major media time spent by the Western press in their over-sensationalizing the whole disaster.

10,000 tickets (not counting in-country expenses) is a drop in the bucket fighting the preceptions crated by the negative media blitz.

best,

............john
Out of curiosity, do you know where or on what station that documentary would be broadcast?

Exactly, and if I'm honest, I think it'll all be for nothing. As I said in my last post, if someone wants to go to Japan they won't need any reaffirming. If they don't, I don't think a campaign by the tourist board will really tip them over the edge to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola View Post
This could work quite well, considering the "publicize your trip on your blog" clause in the contract. Also, what does a family do if one member wins a ticket? Everyone else will have to buy their own ticket to come along. It's bound to have a (small) effect, at the very least to show to the people who know the winners that it's not really very hard to go to 'exotic' Japan. At the very least it couldn't be less successful than the now defunct Yokoso Japan! campaign.
I'm not so sure. I see it as, who will bother to make the effort to look at the blog BESIDES people who already like and want to visit Japan? Unless people know what they're looking for, or show a KEEN interest in going to Japan anyway, I don't see how your Average Joe will find it, or find it interesting.

But the problem with that is, of there's family who need to come to, they probably won't apply for a ticket in the first place. Paying for two, or even one person fully would still give a huge financial impact to the family that even with a free ticket they will not be able to take.

Ohh yeah, I remember the Yokoso Japan! campaign! What ever happened to that... it's gone now? If so then yeah, that was pretty bad lol.