View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-18-2011, 10:10 PM

I think every one of us "regulars" on this board has a good chance to win one of these tickets if you approach the situation correctly.

Japan may seem to be inviting a bunch of gaijin who are not well versed in the manners / culture of the country and are only there because it's a free ride but that doesn't mean Japan prefers them.

**A lot of you can speak a bit of the language and a lot of you a bit more than that.
**A lot of you are familiar with the culture and some of you have even been there.
**Those who qualify for the above statements also have more of a compass for how to act and what is expected in Japan.

If you can write your letter alluding to these facts, pointing out your active involvement in the Japanese culture in some way (i.e. Japan forums), and even mixing in a little Kanji/Kana all in a self-deferring, non-expectant, polite tone you will connect with the person qualifying the letter much more than "I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO JAPAN I LOVE IT HEHE IT'S GREAT I LOVE SUSHI!!". Not saying these people are bad but not 10,000 of them!!!

Good luck everyone!!

p.s. Maybe for those of us who win we can get some of the people from this board who live there like Nyororin, or Ryuruui, or Masaegu to cook us dinner and stay with them and then it'll be like totally free!

Last edited by OHayou : 10-18-2011 at 10:17 PM.