View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
tazzy (Offline)
JF Regular

10-19-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corssair View Post
[*]Won't it be too late, should I skip university here at age 20, and should I be trying to apply for one in Japan?
Too late? How would 20 be too late? The life expectancy for Poles and Brits IIRC is well in the 70s.
You don't have a degree, you can't get a work visa.
Quote:
[*]Is it hard to get a job as a foreigner, even who have large qualifications and is able to speak Japanese really well?
Yes.
Quote:
[*]How Japanese people look at foreigners, will I make any friends even if I'm friendly?
Depends where you are and how outgoing you are.
No clue what kind of a person you are here, not saying this is you, but....generally someone who is a loser at home is also a loser when they move to another country. There is no sudden turn around.
Making friends in Japan is quite a bit harder than in Britain but it is doable.
Quote:
[*]Do Japanese girls like foreigners, at all?
Some do. A lot don't. Others don't care one way or the other.

Quote:
It is not like I will be teaching English anyway. I would prefer doing something related with IT, because IT is what I am studying at college. Still, in my opinion, being an English teacher in Japan must be fun - if you know how to teach, and you enjoy it... amazing!
That would be hard.
I only got my non-teaching job here in Japan by doing well in my field elsewhere and then the opportunity to come to Japan appeared for me.
99% of young foreigners coming to Japan are English teachers. You need years of experience to get a job in another field, there are more than enough un-experienced Japanese graduates without needing foreigners.

Quote:
Also, could you advice me a good way to learn Japanese? I know lots of words already, the thing is that I cannot combine them and make sentences, yet.
Learning words is the hard part. Grammar is quite easy. You're lucky if you can learn vocabulary easily.
Just go searching around the internet for information on particles and the like. There's a tonne of Japanese learning stuff out there. Or buy a book like minna no nihongo or genki.

Last edited by tazzy : 10-19-2011 at 02:23 PM.