View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TayTay (Offline)
New to JF

Tokyo and travel questions - 10-24-2011, 08:42 PM

Alright, so I'm taking my first trip to Japan this upcoming spring for my birthday! It's my first time traveling alone and I'll be 21 at the time. I'm going with a tour group but will be going off on my own in Tokyo for a week. (Yes, I feel I'm being brave o.O haha)

While I'm still with the group be will be visiting the Edo Tokyo Museum, Akihabara, Asakusa, Imperial Palace Plaza, and Ginza. When I go off on my own I've decided I want to see Shinjuku, Harajuku, and Shibuya since they will not be far of a travel from my hotel (any specific places I should go while there?). I also plan to go to the zoo in Ueno, the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, and I'm really looking foreword to shopping in Odaiba! My question is, can you guys think of anything else I really shouldn't miss out on? I take pleasure in the little things in life...which is probably why I'm so excited to see small things like the statue of Hachiko. I really enjoy shopping but of course I want to experience the culture aswell.

I don't mind having to travel around as my hotel is very close to Shinjuku station but I'm a little nervous about getting around since this is my first trip ever!! Will it be difficult to get around? Expensive? What should I do to prepare myself for such a big first time trip? I'm working on the language but I'm really just a beginner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(oh, and I do have friends over there who will be helping me when I am off by myself, but I mean there will be some things I want to go off by myself and do)