View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

10-28-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
I think every one of us "regulars" on this board has a good chance to win one of these tickets if you approach the situation correctly.

Japan may seem to be inviting a bunch of gaijin who are not well versed in the manners / culture of the country and are only there because it's a free ride but that doesn't mean Japan prefers them.

**A lot of you can speak a bit of the language and a lot of you a bit more than that.
**A lot of you are familiar with the culture and some of you have even been there.
**Those who qualify for the above statements also have more of a compass for how to act and what is expected in Japan.
I agree with this, but I think it might also depend on the people "judging" these letters and applications. I mean, saying that you've been to Japan before could go for you just as much as it could go against you. Would they want to offer this opportunity to someone that has never been? Or someone that has already been?

Either way I think this is a great idea! I'm planning to go back in 2012, and I will most likely be traveling by myself, so I'm 100% keeping my eyes on this thing in hopes I can at least send in my application and get a shot. I would be spending money in hotels, restaurants and most of all shops so they would get their money back with me for sure!