View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Nope - You CANNOT get Reese's Peanut Butter Cups here.
Seriously. I have hunted for them all over, and the ONLY option for buying them was a place on Rakuten that was selling a single pack for 800+ yen. I am sure if you scour every tiny little specialty shop you could find them somewhere, but I have yet to.

They are one of the very very few chocolate type snacks that has neither a Japanese version nor an importer. They are not even in the order books for wholesale importers. Costco doesn`t even carry them.

Costco does occasionally have individual serving Reese's Pieces included in their big box-o-snacks.

If you can`t tell, I really really like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...

And I haven`t had one in 6 years, since I was in the US last for a visit. And I have been hunting for them ever since. One of the very few US chocolates that is not sickeningly sweet...

------

Also - another foodstuff that you simply cannot find in Japan; Eggnog or Eggnog mix (the liquid stuff you mix with milk). I have been hunting for a week for some... (I refuse to order from FBC, they overcharged me, then said I never paid them and charged my credit card repeatedly until I changed the number.)

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 11-25-2011 at 09:37 AM.