View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-29-2011, 12:56 AM

Nyororin, I get the general picture. I'm not naive to think things are "hunki-dori" for most. Companies that had factories in the affected areas and relied on those parts for completing whatever they make have to relocate and start anew, slowing their productivity. Kids in the area aren't growing at the same rate they did last year due to the fact they can't play outdoors and their physical development is affected. Those and the ones you mentioned are but a few of the problems still facing the country and those affected.

As for the "back to normal" remark, I meant the large portion of the country that wasn't affected by any of the 3 events....

I wasn't aware of how the slogan is used on a normal basis in Japan; thank you for your insight.

How do the people affected by it all see the slogan? "Lots of words of support but no real aid" is the feeling I get those people have. I only get some information here in the States, so I don't really know what is going on there. I know temporary housing has been set up for most, but I also heard they must vacate within 2 years. Is this true? What happens to them after that? (It's a rhetorical question-not expecting an answer).

Thank you for correcting my Nihon/Nippon error!

Last edited by JohnBraden : 11-29-2011 at 01:00 AM.