View Single Post
(#263 (permalink))
Old
Hikaru92 (Offline)
New to JF

12-25-2011, 01:46 AM

I dated two Japanese guys and both failed! Let me tell you my dating experience with them.

The first time I had a Japanese boyfriend, I was a high school sophomore. We would always argue about communication. He didn't like phone calls as much as I did. Plus he didn't like saying "I love you" very much. He was more non-verbal in showing affections. Unfortunately, I'm both verbal and non-verbal so honestly I expect my partner to be the same. Also he would always cry everytime I failed to appreciate his efforts. It really turned me off. It was a melodramatic break up but I managed to tell him all of my thoughts so now we're very good friends.

Then I dated this Japanese guy in college for like three months because he was very consistent. Then all of a sudden out of the blue he broke up with me telling "I don't like you anymore. You're not Japanese." (No exaggeration) As if it's a secret that I am non-Japanese. Then two weeks after our alleged break-up he dated another girl, a Japanese one. And he wasn't done breaking my heart yet he posted some hate notes on mixi about me just because I opened my feelings to my friends. Well I thought all of them were really my friends, some turned out to be his allies! Anyways, we're still on bad terms and it got me depressed for months.

So, if you're going to ask me whether to date a Japanese guy, hmmm for now NO!

Additional info: Seeing my parents divorce (Japanese dad and non-Japanese mom) it's convincing not to prefer a Japanese person! That's all. Apologies for the negativity.