JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
PuppetnuahS (Offline)
New to JF

Cool Your top Josei Manga picks - 12-29-2007, 08:48 AM

I'm very new to the forum, this would be my first post. Right now I'm putting my toes in the water world of manga. I've been a fan of anime for years (ever since I was very young). But I just recently picked up Vol 1 of xxxHolic because the plot sounded intriguing and the art was good. So far it seems to be a great manga (even if if might not be so josei) so I was wondering...

What are your favorite manga aimed more or less toward the adult women rather than the younger crowd. I heard that Honey and Clover was a good one...

I love drama, romance, comedy, magic/fantasy and some action. Great art and weird/unordinary plotlines are a plus.

Thanks!!
-Cheshire

Edit: Blood and Gore may be a plus with the right plotline, Elfen Lied was one of my all time favorite anime.

Last edited by PuppetnuahS : 12-29-2007 at 08:50 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-29-2007, 09:10 AM

For me, I'd have to say Gokusen.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-04-2008, 09:47 AM

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I was curious if anyone had anymore recommendations. I'm really enjoying the genre of Jousei. One series I really wanted to check out was Tramps Like Us (think that's the US name for it). Has anyone read it?