JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Favorite horror anime (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/11541-favorite-horror-anime.html)

PuppetnuahS 01-12-2008 06:18 AM

Favorite horror anime

I figured since there wasn't already a post about this, I'd start one. Also, I wanna find some more gruesome/weird/scary anime to watch ;P

My favorite would have to be Elfen Lied. I just started watching Shigurui, pretty badass so far.

DragonShade 01-12-2008 07:35 AM

definitely Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ,and that's all I know
oh, and the final two eps of Narutaru

sTr0mTod 01-12-2008 09:33 AM

I think its "La Portrait de Petit Cossette" because its so psycho xD

ILOVEJAPAN 01-13-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonShade (Post 353866)
definitely Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ,and that's all I know
oh, and the final two eps of Narutaru

I second the Higurashi recomendation.

Oh and about Narutaru, is there much gore in it? I heard there was, but then I watched some AMV's and there didn't seem to be anything esspecialy violant in it...

Ok, lets see I don't know if you would call Serial Expirement Lain, or Paranoia Agent "horror" but they get really weird to the point of extreme creepieness. Ummm...Hellsing is really gory and has a lot of blood, but it's more action than horror. Same thing with Vampire hunter D, Blood the last Vampire, Ninja Scroll, Gantz, Nightwalker, Urotsukidoji etc.

Or if you like more subtle creepy anime (less violance more phsychological horror) try Jigoku Shoujo, and Vampire Princess Miyu.

Or if you want somthing a little more mystery/suspence oriented than try Death Note.

DragonShade 01-13-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN (Post 354742)
I second the Higurashi recomendation.

Oh and about Narutaru, is there much gore in it? I heard there was, but then I watched some AMV's and there didn't seem to be anything esspecialy violant in it...

Ok, lets see I don't know if you would call Serial Expirement Lain, or Paranoia Agent "horror" but they get really weird to the point of extreme creepieness. Ummm...Hellsing is really gory and has a lot of blood, but it's more action than horror. Same thing with Vampire hunter D, Blood the last Vampire, Ninja Scroll, Gantz, Nightwalker, Urotsukidoji etc.

Or if you like more subtle creepy anime (less violance more phsychological horror) try Jigoku Shoujo, and Vampire Princess Miyu.

Or if you want somthing a little more mystery/suspence oriented than try Death Note.

I have watched Lain and Paranoia, dont think they are weird tho, Lain is a very good sci-fi to me. Narutaru doesnt have gore, but its disturbing due to its raping and violent indication...
but nothing caught me off guard but the first 4 eps of Higurashi , haha

Kiyuge 01-13-2008 12:31 AM

Blood + is my favorite "horror" Anime...

DragonShade 01-13-2008 02:42 AM

if ur looking for gruesome anime rather than horror, I suggest u watch Shigurui , its FXXXXXXX sick! I am not "man" enough to continue after ep3......

RyuuzakiSan 05-19-2009 09:15 AM

Another creepy anime would be Ghost Hunt.
If you're the type of person who likes paranormal phenomena, then....
I would recommend this anime to watch.

Personally I do not like horror anime to begin with, mah.... then there is
only Death Note that I do like. Most likely because it's my favorite ^^

YagamiLight 05-19-2009 09:35 AM

I do like horror anime ^^
Favorites are: Ghost Hunt & Blood+

ForeverDreamer 05-20-2009 11:16 PM

Higurashi and Portrait de Petit Cossette. because they're so wickedly messed up :D