JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Kyo from Fruits Basket and Ichigo from Bleach...alike? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/11784-kyo-fruits-basket-ichigo-bleach-alike.html)

Jessica91 01-20-2008 11:21 AM

Kyo from Fruits Basket and Ichigo from Bleach...alike?

Kyo from Fruits Basket and Ichigo from Bleach... don't you think that them two are so alike in personality that it's unbelieveable? Maybe the mangaka got inpired by ichigo cos he is a cool character. I mean, they both have got orange hair, are hot tempered, get picked on for their natural hair colour, always frowning, can fight and always makes me laugh with their quarrels with other characters! :)

phishn37 01-20-2008 03:04 PM

Well, Ichigo and Kyo both have orange hair... and are hot tempered I guess... but Ichigo doesn't turn into a cat when he's hugged ~ ! (At least that I know of.)

Animekitty 01-20-2008 03:22 PM

You are right, they are alike.

Kyo and Ichigo are archetypal personality types that can be found in fiction (not just anime and/or manga) world wide. If you looked beyond these two characters you'd find that most of the other characters will match with a counterpart in the other series. Often the story and genre will be defined by where the character emphasis is placed. In Bleach the emphasis is placed on the avenging hero archetype (Ichigo) which makes the a show an action/adventure. In Fruits Basket the emphasis is placed on the caring/understanding character (Tohru Honda) making this show a romantic comedy. If you compare the two shows you'll see that Tohru's counterpart is Inoue Orihime in Bleach. Same types but different empasis.

Konan134 01-20-2008 06:34 PM

well they both have orange hair, hot tempered, and have millions of fangirls
...so yeah tey really are alike when you think about it!:rheart:

Retrogamer77 01-20-2008 06:40 PM

Sometimes when I see a picture I have to take a second look to be sure which one it is. XP I love them both though!:rheart:

MaymeRachael 01-20-2008 07:22 PM

They are alike to a point...^_^

KuChIkI 01-21-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishn37 (Post 364251)
Well, Ichigo and Kyo both have orange hair... and are hot tempered I guess... but Ichigo doesn't turn into a cat when he's hugged ~ ! (At least that I know of.)

*goes to check*

Well, you do have a point. I mean, the other male character of the same age group is the one that somewhat hates both of them, they both have the outrageously orange hair, and they're short-tempered. Not to mention, they both have something they wanted to hide, but haven't sucessfully done so. (Ichigo-His Shinigami powers and his hollow side, Kyou-His cat form and true form)

Jessica91 01-23-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animekitty (Post 364270)
If you compare the two shows you'll see that Tohru's counterpart is Inoue Orihime in Bleach. Same types but different empasis.

You're right, I've never noticed that before. I think Urahara is kinda like Shigure, well, a teeny tiny bit anyway!

silveremperial 01-24-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica91 (Post 364103)
Kyo from Fruits Basket and Ichigo from Bleach... don't you think that them two are so alike in personality that it's unbelieveable? Maybe the mangaka got inpired by ichigo cos he is a cool character. I mean, they both have got orange hair, are hot tempered, get picked on for their natural hair colour, always frowning, can fight and always makes me laugh with their quarrels with other characters! :)

in some ways maybe but sometimes kyo can have alot more adittude then ichigo [sometimes]