JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: If you could only choose one, how would you want to get the story
anime 8 27.59%
manga 16 55.17%
light novel 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

What's the best way to get the story? - 03-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Now we are seeing the same story told in multiple formats. If you could only choose one, how would you like to get the story?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

Send a message via MSN to SeeD
03-07-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Now we are seeing the same story told in multiple formats. If you could only choose one, how would you like to get the story?
definitely manga ;] anime is too fast.. creator will never put there so many details as he wishes..manga is diffrent u can stop on one drawing and looks for some funny or unique "tasty" things. light novel ? not for me my eyes r tooooooo tired of readin small fonts lately ;]

you dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Family:
My personnal puppet master - Suki
Brother - Thunda, pandayanyan
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2008, 12:17 AM

I choosed anime.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Retrogamer77 (Offline)
Destati

Send a message via AIM to Retrogamer77
03-07-2008, 12:21 AM

The manga of course. Though not always the case, I've seen where time and time again the anime is good but a bit of a disappointment when it doesn't measure up to the manga. I think that more care is taken when writing the manga.

~Genauso wie du~
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-07-2008, 02:00 AM

A light novel, since with that, you can get all aspects of the story. You can more background information, I feel, the scenes can be more elaborated on, and you can get more of the characters' thoughts. After light novel, I'd go with manga.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2008, 02:31 AM

I'd rather watch the anime, but it would be a lot clearer in the manga, and so I had to go with that...

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2008, 10:23 AM

It's a toss up between manga and light novel for me. It's great having pictures to go with your words but sometimes you'd like the kind of descriptions you'd get from novels to better explain certain characters and their environments.

I find manga a bit sensationalistic at times, since visuals play a big part in the storytelling, there is much emphasis on character designs, poses etc... The only story I can think of that was told through both novel and manga is Battle Royale. The already rather sensationalistic novel is taken even further by its manga counterpart. Here we had copious amounts of explicit sex (sex was still talked about in the novel, just much, much more tastefully) and the kind of action that would put Die Hard to shame (there was even some weird, quasi Dragon Ball Z Ki fight in there too). I'm sure not all manga adaptations are this exaggerated but I do think they would be more sensationalistic than their novel counterparts.

Anime is something I've never gotten into.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Katchan6 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeD View Post
definitely manga ;] anime is too fast.. creator will never put there so many details as he wishes..manga is diffrent u can stop on one drawing and looks for some funny or unique "tasty" things. light novel ? not for me my eyes r tooooooo tired of readin small fonts lately ;]
or too slow...
i voted manga

「えっ、知らないの? ずくだんずんぶんぐんゲーム。」
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-07-2008, 10:46 AM

If all three are available - light novel.
9 times out of 10, the light novel version is the original - with the others following. If the anime or manga were the original, I might choose the manga over the light novel. Anime would probably be my last choice.

Adaptations are rarely as good as the original.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Katchan6 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2008, 10:50 AM

oh really i thought manga was normally the original.
the only anime i knew where the novel was the original was the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya...
then again i dont really pay attention to that kinda stuff

「えっ、知らないの? ずくだんずんぶんぐんゲーム。」