JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

Clannad the movie - 03-15-2008, 12:34 AM

Anyone watched it?????I cant compare since I havent seen drama one, gotta wait for it to finish so I could watch all the ep in a row.
What do you think of the movie one?

白鳥は哀しからずや、空の青、うみのあをにも、染まず ただよふ。 
美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
May contain spoilers - 03-15-2008, 04:17 AM

There's a definite difference between the series and the movie. Such as the art, the characters' personalities/positions, their air time, recognizable emphasis on the main storyplot, etc. The movie's more like a spin-off of a summary of the anime, plus a subtle perspective into its future.

Personally, I don't think it warrants any tears because the atmospheres and words enunciated aren't as heart-wrenching as the drama's; they are too cliche for my tastes. The only moment when I felt my eyes watery (no I didn't cry, I never do ) was right at the end, where Okazaki meets his daughter for the first time. The power of the initiatory bond between parent and child - now, THAT scene is touching.

Of course, there are people who may argue the movie over the anime and vice-versa, as a result of preference. And like the rest, I stand in the middle.

Truth to be told, I actually couldn’t care less about the difference of the tangible styles imported or which methods they threw in to concert them.

I personally relish more the morals of this tear-jerking storyplot: The essence of love, losing it, groping for the last hope, a vestige of miracles, defying life’s negativities…
I think those are what matter the most.

Edited: Oh yeah, “GO DANGO POWER!” =D

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-15-2008 at 03:46 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
magicalgirlj (Offline)
moetaku

02-01-2009, 06:39 PM

I loved the movie even though it had such a sad ending

avatar- Kamio Misuzu from Air tv
please buy anime DVD's and manga
(#4 (permalink))
Old
fara7 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to fara7
02-01-2009, 07:07 PM

I regret seeing the movie before watching After Story.....but it was there and I had to watch it xD
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-01-2009, 10:14 PM

I've never seen the original series. I've only been watching After Story. Watching the movie did clear some things up, like Tomoya and Nagisa's relationship. In After Story, I was constantly wondering, up to a point, if the two were an actual couple, or just a situation where it's obvious that they liked one another and just hadn't acted it on it yet.

Another thing that's now understandable is everything dealing with Tomoya and his father's strained relationship. At least now I know how Tomoya got the injury.

One thing I wish would've been explained more thoroughly, regardless of the medium, is Nagisa's mysterious illness. It sure would've been nice to have known what the heck was wrong with her.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
fara7 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to fara7
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
One thing I wish would've been explained more thoroughly, regardless of the medium, is Nagisa's mysterious illness. It sure would've been nice to have known what the heck was wrong with her.
She wasn't suffering from anything in particular, just a weak body I guess. You see how she gets sick and weak every year? Hah, and the funny thing that it always happens to her when she needs to graduate xD
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-08-2009, 10:28 AM

But what's the cause of her becoming weak and sickly so easily? It would be nice to know specifics, but seems this is common for some anime/manga series. A character gets sick and no real reason for the cause or even what the sickness could be.