JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Shikashi (Offline)
New to JF

Manga-ka - 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM

Who's your favourite manga-ka (manga creator) and why? Personally I like the style of the Kishimoto brothers Masashi and Seishi. They're a bit similar in style and both seem a bit more "real" than a lot of other styles. Of course, I haven't had the time to see the works of all the different manga creators, and so this is a good place to share your view on things.

(Hope this isn't already a thread)

Gai: "Youth is sweet and sour and sometimes strict Kakashi"
Kakashi: "Did you say something"
Gai: "Oh my god!!! That was pretty good rival Kakashi. That reaction is somewhat 'modern' and it pisses me off."

- Naruto
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Edrik (Offline)
JF Regular

10-15-2007, 08:29 PM

I personally like KAWASHITA Mizuki's work. She is the author, and artist, of one of my favorite mangas Ichigo 100%. She relates her stories to everyday life of a japanese person. Although her work is a little too silly I enjoy her works specifically Akane Overdrive, Ichigo 100%, and Lilim Kiss.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-15-2007, 09:56 PM

My vote goes to Osamu Tezuka.

Phoenix is my favourite work, but I'm really pleased to see that Vertical Inc are releasing works such as Buddha, Ode to Kirihito, Apollo's Song and Mw.

His stories have a lot of depth to them and are very original. Not to everyone's taste I admit as they deal with topics such as ethics, religion and reincarnation etc. But still if you're looking for something that's a bit different then they're worth checking out.

Anyone here read his Dark Horse novels, Lost World, Nextworld etc. Any good?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-15-2007, 10:00 PM

I agree with Osamu Tezuka. I just got Apollo's Song today, actually. Ode to Kirihito was one of my favorites from last year. I have not read his DH novels.

I would have to throw in Kazuo Umezu (eccentric horror) as a personal favorite.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
baronchar (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2007, 11:03 PM

I have to go with Takeshi Obata, creator of Death Note and Hikaru no Go. Those are two of my favorites, and the first time I ever liked more than one title by any manga author. I thought they were both really well done, and while probably a little more mainstream than Tezuka, they seemed pretty unique to me.

僕の日本フォルム家族!
Strange Twin: Tsuzuki

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people"
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-16-2007, 01:00 AM

My favorite is Rumiko Takahashi. Her storys are captivating, her art is Beautiful, and her methods of story telling are very effective.

Plus, you gotta admire somone who has been writing manga non-stop for 30+ years.

I'm also going to say Junji Ito as a close second, because his work is some of the weirdest, most abnormal, and original manga I have ever read.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Edrik (Offline)
JF Regular

10-16-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN View Post
My favorite is Rumiko Takahashi. Her storys are captivating, her art is Beautiful, and her methods of story telling are very effective.

Plus, you gotta admire somone who has been writing manga non-stop for 30+ years.

I'm also going to say Junji Ito as a close second, because his work is some of the weirdest, most abnormal, and original manga I have ever read.
Oh My God! how could I possibly forget Rumiko Takahashi! I change my first choice to Rumiko Takahashi as my favorite author for manga. I can't believe I forgot the name of the author who brought me into the manga/anime world in the first place! The first manga I ever read was her Ranma 1/2 series that was HILARIOUS and inuyasha the half demon.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Dutchman (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: Holland, The Netherlands what ever you call my country
10-17-2007, 05:48 PM

I like Kentaro Miura and Naoki Urasawa Berserk and Monster and 20th centuary boys :O:O can't.... choose..... I like them both ^^ can't choose one over the other

~*日本語は凄い言語です*~
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM

Takeshi Obata (Deathnote) and the mangaka of One Piece !! I love the stories ! XD

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Rinofsunagakure (Offline)
New to JF

10-17-2007, 11:41 PM

I like the work of Masashi kishimoto and Yu watase Ceres and absolute boyfriend r such awsome mangas and so is kanoko Sakurakoji

Rin "sometmes people put up walls not to kepp others out but to see who cares enough to break them down