JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bearclaw (Offline)
New to JF

Smile A little anime help please! - 08-30-2010, 12:58 AM

I need a little anime help and I think I'm at the right forum for it I've watched a few animes so I know what I like and what I definately don't like... I was hoping I could get some titles that I could look into, so far everything I look at seems to be too childish or have that painfully "japanese" manga humor in it

I have watched Naruto and Bleach and they're ok, it's just that they're also very predictable and leave it at that. I loved Darker than Black (both seasons though season 1 was much better) the quality was very good and it was wellthought and written, I liked Code Geass a lot as well (both seasons) it was an upgrade from Gundam though that one was pretty good as well at first... I loved their mechs but with every upgrade they got it went from mashine guns and missiles to weird flashy energy stuff that just gets too much.
Funny thing is that I liked Eureka Seven though probably because it stayed on it's course.
Gantz was good just too short and Samurai Seven was ok and it did come up with something that I didn't foresee Beserk was just awesome but then I'm a real sucker for blood and mayheim
I have seen some of the old hmm... "movies"? Ninja Scroll and Fist of the North Star was great though when they made ninja scroll into series it lacked something.

That's all the good ones I've watched, I read the two threads there is on the titles but the recommendation list is just one long list of titles that willl take me forever to go through and the must watch got 53 pages and it was killing me before I got halfway through

yes
yes
yes
end fire
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
08-30-2010, 05:43 AM

Neon Genesis Evangelion

'nuff said
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-30-2010, 07:52 AM

Macross 7
Z Gundam
(#4 (permalink))
Old
bearclaw (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2010, 10:45 PM

Looked briefly into the suggested once, they look very promising can't wait to get startet

The one I watched wa Gundam 00 (just checked) how much if any do they have to do with Gundam Z? so much Gundamns out there... (pun intended )

Macross 7... is that Robotech? my first consistently watched anime was Robotech years ago and it was sooo good back then, I tried to watch it again but the quality got unbearable (perhabs I noticed it cause I already knew the storyline)

Many thanks for the help ^^

yes
yes
yes
end fire
(#5 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
08-31-2010, 02:10 AM

How about a little Death Note?
Kinda popular/mainstream, but definately worth it. I'd suggest reading the manga though, because the anime is painfully dramatic at times
(#6 (permalink))
Old
bearclaw (Offline)
New to JF

08-31-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
How about a little Death Note?
Kinda popular/mainstream, but definately worth it. I'd suggest reading the manga though, because the anime is painfully dramatic at times
I think I heard of it before, something with people die when they get written on a particular book?? I'll give it go, thanks

I'm not much for manga the few I read wasn't for me though I did like Akira hmm... perhabs because it was colored that matters to me sometimes

yes
yes
yes
end fire
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2010, 02:20 PM

Macross 7 is another Macross-series anime it set too many years after the original Macross (Robotech). It features VF rock band called Fire Bomber, and it's the only Macross anime I've ever watch. (I'm not a big fan of Macross)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
08-31-2010, 11:17 PM

Don't watch death note. It's horrible. I highly recommend the manga though.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

09-01-2010, 02:54 AM

Definitely watch neon genesis and tokko.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

09-01-2010, 03:36 AM

If you like blood then you should watch blood+ . Its about vampires (sort of ) and these huge creatures/ monsters.