JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Final Fantasy: Last Order - 03-25-2008, 07:03 AM

Looks like an underlying constituent for the makings of another superb anime, don't ya think? I haven't tried the game yet, but comments hereof conclude this to be a prequel of Final Fantasy VII. I can't tell if this's just an episode made solely for that purpose or the introduction to a new series?

Watch Anime Now! - Watch Anime Online

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-25-2008 at 07:05 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Katura (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2008, 08:14 AM

Oh my gawd, you haven't played that game!? Its a total classic, if it weren't for our old, beat controllers and [ I think ] dying Play Station [ I know we bought a new one years ago though -Shrug - ], I would play it all the time.

You've seen the anime? Where did you watch it? I have been meaning to watch it sometime :P

( Look, a brand new way for us to talk XD Hahah. )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-25-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura View Post
Oh my gawd, you haven't played that game!? Its a total classic, if it weren't for our old, beat controllers and [ I think ] dying Play Station [ I know we bought a new one years ago though -Shrug - ], I would play it all the time.

You've seen the anime? Where did you watch it? I have been meaning to watch it sometime :P

( Look, a brand new way for us to talk XD Hahah. )
Well, if it's an anime, I've only seen the first episode so far per the link in my first post. O.o

As for the game... I'm looking for the PSP equivalent of it, haha >_<;

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
03-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Last Order? Isn't that an OVA related to the Advent Children movie?
I'll explain, but I might be wrong here so bare with me. Advent Children, sequel of FF7 (some say the best game of the series...still not sure about that myself...) was a great film. I'm going to assume you know of it. Well Last Order is an OVA set between FF:Crisis Core (PSP game I think) and FF7, and it details...not going to spoil that for you.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-25-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLee View Post
Last Order? Isn't that an OVA related to the Advent Children movie?
I'll explain, but I might be wrong here so bare with me. Advent Children, sequel of FF7 (some say the best game of the series...still not sure about that myself...) was a great film. I'm going to assume you know of it. Well Last Order is an OVA set between FF:Crisis Core (PSP game I think) and FF7, and it details...not going to spoil that for you.
Oh, so it's like the pre-prequel of Advent Children? And FF: Crisis Core is Last Order's own prequel? Wow, it's like a chain reaction here xD

On that note, the FF7 timeline (not according to when they were made) should be something like:
FF: Crisis Core - Last Order - FF7 - Advent Children?

Would Last Order be the only prior OVA episode though?

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-25-2008 at 08:38 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
03-25-2008, 08:45 AM

That I'm aware of: yes. I'll look into it. As I said it may be wrong, but I'm doubtful of it. Not being big-headed, but I know a very big fan of the FF7 series. And I kind of pay attention to the guy.
This is the Wikipedia page. I think it backs up my point.

Edited with referance.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-25-2008 at 09:27 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-25-2008, 01:59 PM

It's part of the Final Fantasy 7 Compilation.

The anime itself is just some back story that takes place before FF7, in face it relates directly to the "hidden" dialog scene on disc 3 of FF7 when you go back down into the Library in Nibelheim's Shinra Mansion basement.

The Compilation was 6 works related to FF7 that were released. Mostly as a nostalgic PR attempt by Square to pull more money out of the series, and it worked. However to Fans this delivered a more rich, nostalgic and informative look into FF7's story.

These were:
  • Crisis Core (PSP)
  • Before Crisis (Cell Phone Game)
  • Advent Children (DVD/Blu-Ray CGI Feature)
  • Dirge Of Cerberus (PS2)
  • Dirge Of Cerberus: Lost Episode (Cell Phone Game)
  • The Last Order (OVA)

The Last Order has no real relation to Advent Children. The Last Order takes place about 5 years prior to the game, while Advent Children takes place about 2 years after the game ends. Dirge of Cerberus takes place 3 years after the game. Crisis core is the earliest game Chronologically.

So:

Crisis Core > The Last Order > FF7 > Advent Children > Dirge of Cerberus.

Yea I didn't put the cell games. I don't regard them as real games. >>;

As for The Last Order itself. It was okay. I only watched it once but I still have it. Heh, actually resting playable on my PS3 right now.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Katura (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Well, if it's an anime, I've only seen the first episode so far per the link in my first post. O.o

As for the game... I'm looking for the PSP equivalent of it, haha >_<;
Ahhh, alright :P

Hmm, I have no idea if they have a PSP equivalent for it, although I've honestly never looked to see what they have for PSP :P lol
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-26-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura View Post
Ahhh, alright :P

Hmm, I have no idea if they have a PSP equivalent for it, although I've honestly never looked to see what they have for PSP :P lol
The only way you're going to play FF7 on a PSP is either a PSP with a custom firmware running the ISO ripped from the PS1 game, or remote play off a PS3 with FF7, the original PS1 in it.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

03-26-2008, 12:28 AM

The Last Order (mini-movie) and Crisis Core (The PSP game) cover the same story plot.

As others have said, Last Order and Crisis Core are in the actual Playstation Final Fantasy VII game as a little cutscene.

So everything that is revealed about Zack and the Shinra is already covered in the original FF7 game. The Last Order Movie and Crisis Core game are about Zack and Cloud's relationship. The scenario is just gone over with more detail.

The Last Order mini-movie. (About 45 minutes?) Was released along with the Advent Children DVD. You could obtain it by buying the Special Edition of the Advent Children movie, so it's been around for awhile now.

The cellphone game, Before Crisis, is about the Turks, and their origins.

I was never aware of a Dirge of Cerberus cell phone game.