JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Luvwad (Offline)
New to JF

Question Help, Neon Genesis Evangelion Fried My Mind.... - 04-25-2008, 06:05 PM

*Total Spoiler*

Ok so i watch the whole series of Neon Genesis EvanGelion, Skipped Death and rebirth cause it got bad reviews and was described as unnecessary, and just watched Death of Evangelion....

The hell?!

So series wise when they killed the angels made sense 100%. then they had six more episodes of acid trip which i some what followed. CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! Really it was mostly just a flash back and how he started coping with life. Was fine with that.

So at the beginning of the movie he is worst off then after the acid trips where he was getting better...which seem likes i wasted a bit of time, but whatever. Then it get good robo fights, end of the world, happy music (epic!), you learn the main characters dad blew up japan the second time. So later then main character gets the power of the gods and gets to decide mankinds fate. still was fine at this point. Then he decides leave him and a girl who calls him a wimp a lot, the only one left on earth (beside the pool of ooze that can form people.) Then he starts chocking her, she touches his face, he cry's, she call him disgusting. My mind so fried i have no question, i just want to know what everyone else who has seen this thinks. im usually open minded about most things, i did notice everything looks like a penis or boobies and yada yada yada....
help....

"Think like a man of action, Act like a man of Thought"
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-26-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvwad View Post
*Total Spoiler*

Ok so i watch the whole series of Neon Genesis EvanGelion, Skipped Death and rebirth cause it got bad reviews and was described as unnecessary, and just watched Death of Evangelion....

The hell?!

So series wise when they killed the angels made sense 100%. then they had six more episodes of acid trip which i some what followed. CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! Really it was mostly just a flash back and how he started coping with life. Was fine with that.

So at the beginning of the movie he is worst off then after the acid trips where he was getting better...which seem likes i wasted a bit of time, but whatever. Then it get good robo fights, end of the world, happy music (epic!), you learn the main characters dad blew up japan the second time. So later then main character gets the power of the gods and gets to decide mankinds fate. still was fine at this point. Then he decides leave him and a girl who calls him a wimp a lot, the only one left on earth (beside the pool of ooze that can form people.) Then he starts chocking her, she touches his face, he cry's, she call him disgusting. My mind so fried i have no question, i just want to know what everyone else who has seen this thinks. im usually open minded about most things, i did notice everything looks like a penis or boobies and yada yada yada....
help....
Lol well you've more or less got the literal meaning right. The thing is though, you either love NGE or hate it. People who love it understand that this anime is not to be taken literally until they figure out what the core is about.
It's basically how Shinji copes with his life and how difficult life can be.
It's nothing to do with the Angels and so on initially.. just how he deals with situations and so on as a kid. The way he learns from other people like Misato and how he deals with his dad being so cold toward him.
The Anime is basically just wrapped up around that core.
Hideako Anno basically made one big "moral of the story" kind of thing. He then tries to make people realise that people like Shinji, who have difficulties coping, could end up being the ones you rely on to save your life. Therefore don't reject them but help them and try to understand them. Try to understand each other and don't block each other out so we become emotionally buried deeper and deeper inside our depressive holes, alone.
That is where the Angels, Evas, Seele and so on, come in. They cause the events that give Shinji the power over the rest of Humanity.
When you appreciate it from that perspective, you might not think the ending so useless.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-26-2008 at 12:11 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Luvwad (Offline)
New to JF

04-26-2008, 07:37 PM

hmm, interesting. i agree with you. thanks brother

"Think like a man of action, Act like a man of Thought"