JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

Japanese Manga - 06-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Does anybody have a good source for Manga in Japanese. Preferably with the Kanji with annotated hiragana that uses relatively easy to understand lingual nuances? I don't want an anime book that teaches, as I already have that. I just want an anime written in Japanese that is easy to understand. I have already inspected every nook and cranny of my local barnes and noble and borders and couldn't find even one. So if anybody has a store where I could get them or even a website I could view them at, that would be much appreciated.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befron View Post
Does anybody have a good source for Manga in Japanese. Preferably with the Kanji with annotated hiragana that uses relatively easy to understand lingual nuances? I don't want an anime book that teaches, as I already have that. I just want an anime written in Japanese that is easy to understand. I have already inspected every nook and cranny of my local barnes and noble and borders and couldn't find even one. So if anybody has a store where I could get them or even a website I could view them at, that would be much appreciated.
Where do you live? Are there any Asian markets around you. Here in Portland we have a Kinokunya Bookstore...

Also used books stores sometimes have foreign language sections with random manga thrown in the Japanese section.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

06-14-2008, 09:53 PM

I live in Wall (near Belmar) NJ. My closest Asian Market is in Holmdel, which is about 30 to 40 minutes away, which isn't incredibly convenient.

Which Portland do you live in, the one in ohio, I presume?

Ok, I will check that out.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befron View Post
I live in Wall (near Belmar) NJ. My closest Asian Market is in Holmdel, which is about 30 to 40 minutes away, which isn't incredibly convenient.

Which Portland do you live in, the one in ohio, I presume?

Ok, I will check that out.
There's a Portland in Ohio? I know about the one in Maine, but I live in Oregon.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

06-15-2008, 06:24 PM

yep there's one in ohio. You can probably google it for a map. However, I don't think it's that important.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

06-16-2008, 10:59 PM

Oh, I just realized, there's a mitsuwa market about 60 miles from my house! It's far, but there's enough there to make it worth spending the day, and since tomorrow's my last day of school, I will have plenty of days to spend there. Have you ever been to any of them in CA?