JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

Question Anime Noob - 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM

Hey

(im sure this threads been done in some form.. but i couldnt tell because i basically know nothing about any anime ><)

im gona get into Anime.. i have no idea where to start basically i just want to know what i should be looking out for.

iv seen part of death note (first episode) it was kinda weird

iv seen bleach all over the place (DS Games and TV Series) but iv never actually seen it or played the game

Naruto.... everywhere..... seen like 1 episode when i had a little cousin at my house watching it on cartoon network

the only anime iv kind of seen was neon genesis evangelion

it used to be on cartoon network in the adult swim section (near harvey birdman attorney at law ) and i saw like half a season or something before they changed all the animes around

so anyway sorry again as im sure this has been done BUT I DIDNT KNOW WHERE TO START OR WHAT TO TYPE!! *sad face*

so yeah plz tell me your favs and what i should be looking out for

i dont mind if its like a few years old, if theres any new ones that would be cool tho

JoshAussie

EDIT: if there is a post like this plz feel free to merge it.. but plz tell me where as i probably wouldnt be able to find it again!

THX!

Last edited by JoshAussie : 07-11-2008 at 11:49 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
fara7 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to fara7
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM

A similar thread was started yesterday: Here.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-11-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fara7 View Post
A similar thread was started yesterday: Here.
AH sorry didnt see it! >< i knew there would have been one tho i just im retarded maybe i duno

thx ><
(#4 (permalink))
Old
fara7 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to fara7
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM

well, it is not a case of retardation just make sure to look before starting a thread next time.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
It depends of what kind of story do you like, the anime in some degree has genres classification, like the manga, although you can't tell if it's accurate or not.
About the genres you can classify it by age and gender. Kodomo manga or anime is the childish genre, like Pokemon, Hamtaro, Doraemon, Astroboy/Tetsuwan Atom and so on. The shounen is the most popular genre and it's indicated to teenager boys: Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Video Girl, Love Hina, Hunter Versus Hunter and even Evangelion fall under this category. If you're looking for battles, psychological dramas and pretty girls pick this one.
The shoujo is for the teenager girls, think about Sakura Card Captors, Karekano, Rayearth, Fruit Basket, Clover, X 1999 etc. It's for the ones that like of romance, drama, but it also has battles and even horror stories. Don't forget you can find comedy, sport and some other kind of stories in both shounen and shoujo.
The seinen (for men) and the josei (for women) are for the adult people, but not necessarily hentai, so don't think about it. Also there's other genres like gekiga, yaoi, yuri, but I must adimit this classification is more for the manga than the anime, but since almost every anime follow an original manga story it may be useful (or not ).
Remember you don't need to know anything, just find what you really like, it's just entertainment!
I guess it would be the evangelion type genre

there was 1 i saw just 1 episode with a woman with purple hair and she was like a robot or something and you couldnt tell.. she looked human

and she was like a spy or something haha it seemed pretty cool i never saw it again tho

also anything with ninjas or samurais would be cool

me and my friend watched 2 burnt episodes of "samurai (then it had a hard word to spell) like champler or something.. that seemed pretty cool.. i wana get into it tho and not just be watching the odd episode of 50 differant animes

and thanks i guess ill have a search around - this thread will probably be merged into the other thread.. as i didnt find it beforer i posted this
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-11-2008, 12:32 PM

video girl sounds cool.. lol might have a look at that haha
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-11-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
I guess it would be the evangelion type genre

there was 1 i saw just 1 episode with a woman with purple hair and she was like a robot or something and you couldnt tell.. she looked human

and she was like a spy or something haha it seemed pretty cool i never saw it again tho

also anything with ninjas or samurais would be cool

me and my friend watched 2 burnt episodes of "samurai (then it had a hard word to spell) like champler or something.. that seemed pretty cool.. i wana get into it tho and not just be watching the odd episode of 50 differant animes

and thanks i guess ill have a search around - this thread will probably be merged into the other thread.. as i didnt find it beforer i posted this
If you like evangelion you can try all gundam stuff and escaflowne (havent seen those myself, but its mecha stuff). Full metal panic is also a well known mecha series, which is pretty good (and goddamn funny).

なんでやねん!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM

Well, since you mentioned Ninja and Samurai stuff, I guess you'd also like series like Rurouni Kenshin or Naruto.