JapanForum.com  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. (#1 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
What is the one thing you HATE most about anime? - 08-31-2008, 07:27 PM

What is the ONE thing that annoys the hell out of you in anime.

Mine?

The cop out (vague) ending.

In the animes I've seen, it's most prevalent in harem animes. Instead of growing a pair and just choosing a girl for the main character to be with, they're so afraid of alienating the fans of the other girls that they just end it with the male lead being "more than friends but less than lovers" with ALL the girls, because the male lead doesn't want to hurt any of the girls feelings. Harem animes are my favorite, but it's getting to be that they all end the SAME WAY! They are losing my interest because there is never a relationship formed at the end. It's always the same cop out ending.

Harem animes aren't the only perpetrators in this. This seems to be a growing trend in anime I've seen. The writers leave the ending vague for the viewer to "draw their own conclusions". I DON'T WANT TO DRAW MY OWN CONCLUSION!!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT F***ING HAPPENS!!! If I wanted to draw my own conclusions, I'll write a fanfic. I want to know for a fact what happens to the characters and their relationships.

There is nothing that pisses me off more than one of those vague cop out endings.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

08-31-2008, 07:28 PM

Fankids, definitely obsessive fankids.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ForeverDreamer (Offline)
de aru

09-01-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaCrisis View Post
The cop out (vague) ending.
I'm so there with you. The Inuyasha ending made me so mad >.>

Um, I guess I'll have to say jealous fangirls. Like the Prince Yuki Fanclub from Fruits Basket. I hate that they're mean to (most likely) the heroine just because she's closer to their bishounen -_-

Yurikago ga hitotsu atta, yurikago ni hitotsu ga atta. Hitotsu wa futatsu ni natta, yurikago wa hitotsu kiri ni magirete. Hoshi hitotsu haka ba de yurete kietekuyo~
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-01-2008, 11:07 AM

North American English voice acting.

It sounds so unnatural! I'll stick with the subtitles and Japanese audio thanks.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
sara666 (Offline)
New to JF

09-01-2008, 11:39 AM

lol the ending to inu-yasha made me wanna like...break somethin well..that and i woke up at friggin 5 in the morning to watch it! i guess there id the wndings that leave u hanging...like in wolf's rain..incase u havent seen it i will be very vague...WHAT THE FUCK FRIGGIN HAPPENED?!?! im with u on the "i dont want to draw my own conclutions!!" i need to kno exactly what happened or i get mad at the creators..oh i also hate when my faverite character dies..lol but thats not theyre fault heh
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

09-01-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
North American English voice acting.

It sounds so unnatural! I'll stick with the subtitles and Japanese audio thanks.
I agree, for the most part... But some of the original voices for Dragonball Z and GT kind of annoyed me.

What do I hate most about anime?
Do you mean anime in general or in specific animes... ?

Eitherway, it would have to depend on the anime in question. Generally, I don't hate anime; the basic concept is: I watch what I like and not what I don't.

But ~ to avoid being completely difficult, if I were to give an answer, it would be that they end.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

09-01-2008, 11:43 AM

Fangirls. I can stand fanboys, because I can smack them one in the jaw if they get annoying too much.

But fangirls. Oh, my, dear, god.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#8 (permalink))
Old
iTwisted (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to iTwisted
09-01-2008, 12:32 PM

Flashbacks! It's ok if it's a scene from the life of a character when he/she was younger and you have never seen it before. But I mean the flashback scenes of stuff you've seen before and then like a hundred times again in more flashbacks -__-. It happens alot in Naruto for example :P

The world is Just Illusion Trying to change you
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SakuraSan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to SakuraSan Send a message via Skype™ to SakuraSan
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Definitley the dubbed versions. The annoying voices make me want to smash things up.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-01-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDreamer View Post
I'm so there with you. The Inuyasha ending made me so mad >.>

Um, I guess I'll have to say jealous fangirls. Like the Prince Yuki Fanclub from Fruits Basket. I hate that they're mean to (most likely) the heroine just because she's closer to their bishounen -_-
yeah that inuyasha ending was pretty horrible >< i heard the manga ending is bad too =[

the thing i hate most would have to be how it's not real life T.T

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]