JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
krateron (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to krateron Send a message via Skype™ to krateron
..Only manga?? =( - 10-03-2008, 03:01 AM

I've noticed noone posts about serious reading here.. are you really 100%manga fans?? C'mom , there are several other books too!

@@Brazilian Force@@
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

10-03-2008, 03:03 AM

I like reading non-fiction books. I like fiction, but I don't feel like I get much out of it unless it's a MAJOR classic, such as To Kill a Mockingbird. Loved it.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mangapunkrocker (Offline)
Princess of ALL

10-03-2008, 03:04 AM

we know there are other books too, it's just that the most popular and in my opinion the coolest thing are manga books. I've recently read the novelization of Hot gimmick and I would like to read other manga novelizations. Manga books are very exciting, and I know regular books are too, it you'd like you can recommend some other books to the japan forum....

*EVIL BUT CUTE!!*
(#4 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

10-03-2008, 03:09 AM

I am huge fan of anime and Manga love to death. I own my manga books over 400+ .

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

10-03-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangapunkrocker View Post
we know there are other books too, it's just that the most popular and in my opinion the coolest thing are manga books. I've recently read the novelization of Hot gimmick and I would like to read other manga novelizations. Manga books are very exciting, and I know regular books are too, it you'd like you can recommend some other books to the japan forum....
Is it any good? I just read up to volume six, today, actually. I love Ryoki. I want to read HGS, but I want to wait until I read the whole thing.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Princess of ALL

10-03-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
Is it any good? I just read up to volume six, today, actually. I love Ryoki. I want to read HGS, but I want to wait until I read the whole thing.
very very good, but if you like ryoki i wouldn't really want you to read it cuz it has a differen't ending than the manga (don't worry i won't spoil either for you) the book is in first person, with hatsumi being the first person of course, and it recaps the story in the manga and then starts off at the end. But if you finish hot gimmick and really love it then i recommend it, cuz it's really really awesome! I loved hot gimmick it's one of my favorite books, it was also my first manga collection and first manga book.

*EVIL BUT CUTE!!*
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

10-03-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangapunkrocker View Post
very very good, but if you like ryoki i wouldn't really want you to read it cuz it has a differen't ending than the manga (don't worry i won't spoil either for you) the book is in first person, with hatsumi being the first person of course, and it recaps the story in the manga and then starts off at the end. But if you finish hot gimmick and really love it then i recommend it, cuz it's really really awesome! I loved hot gimmick it's one of my favorite books, it was also my first manga collection and first manga book.
Ahhh. I've only heard that she gets together with Shinogu. I'm like,"NOOOO!!!!". Even though they're not related, but they're still brother and sister. Azusa is just annoying. haha...

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Princess of ALL

10-03-2008, 03:17 AM

is it okay if i pm you with more comments cuz i don't want to totally spam this thread.

*EVIL BUT CUTE!!*
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-03-2008, 03:51 AM

1) Manga can be serious reading and

2) We do talk talk about "serious reading". I posted on a thread yesterday about Haruki Murakami.

I am a big advocate of translated Japanese fiction.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tain (Offline)
JF Regular

10-03-2008, 03:55 AM

i don't read manga at all. or watch anime series.
japan isn't about those things ;P i actually hardly now people my age who watch anime, some of them buy manga every now and then.