JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   CSI Manga (?) (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/20003-csi-manga-%28-%29.html)

MMM 10-13-2008 06:09 PM

CSI Manga (?)

Tokyopop to Publish CSI Manga In 2009
Published: 10/13/2008

Tokyopop meets CSITokyopop has announced that it will release CSI: Interns, a full length OEL manga tied to the hit TV property, next September. The new work will not be a straight adaptation. Written by Sekou Hamilton, who has a TV background, with art by Steven Cummings (Pantheon High), CSI: Interns will tell the story of one of a group of teenagers taking part in an internship program at the Las Vegas Criminal Investigations Unit under the eyes of Gil Grissom and Catherine Meadows. When one of the bodies in the morgue turns out to be a classmate, things get too close for comfort.

The CSI manga will be one of a number of such OEL titles that Tokyopop is publishing, including its Blizzard titles, as well as Star Trek, Labyrinth, Ghostbusters, and Battlestar Galactica. As is the case with Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and BSG, there’s also a licensee producing American-style comics based on the property; IDW has the CSI comic license.

I am curious what other people think of this...but where is the manga part in the description? What is manga about a CSI graphic novel?

Eiri 10-13-2008 07:13 PM

O.o CSI as a manga......i'm not sure how I feel about this....I like CSI and anime but some times when two good things get mixed, it dont come out right

reihiino 10-13-2008 09:07 PM

that would be like manga Law & Order...(which imo is a better show anyway)...this oughtta be interesting...

yuumin 10-14-2008 06:22 PM

Hmm...Manga version of CSI? Sounds interesting.

typechin 10-14-2008 06:40 PM

hehehe

this sounds good...^^

HikaruTwin 10-15-2008 02:07 AM

Omfg a CSI manga O.o
That's like so hard to believe. I'll have to see this.

MMM 10-15-2008 02:12 AM

You guys do realize that it is not from Japan, not Japanese people are working on it. They are just calling it a "manga". Right?

Payne222 10-15-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 607999)
You guys do realize that it is not from Japan, not Japanese people are working on it. They are just calling it a "manga". Right?

Exactly.

XDD

amuchan 10-16-2008 03:02 PM

It shouldn't be called a manga if it has no Japanese input into it. All mangas are Japanese (I heard they have mangas in China written by the Chinese? Anyone know if that is true?) but it should be called a graphic novel. I will check it out though, seems good.

MissMisa 10-16-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 607999)

Really? Is it not in the manga style?

I can imagine a CSI styled [thing] to be in a western graphic novel style, rather than a manga style. I don't know why they are calling it a manga if it's in that style.