0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
KawaiiSakura (Offline)
New to JF

10-31-2006, 02:14 PM

Okay, so I'm possibly going to sound cruel and heartless saying this, but I'mma gonna gloss over the whole death topic now. Not because I don't care, but I'm currently trying to use the internet as a way from escaping the things going on in my family at the moment... and I'm trying really heard not to get too upset...

OMG, and I'm going to be a real downer on the thread by saying I don't like Anime as much as Manga. Don't get me wrong, I love my anime, but i think that (for perfectly valid reasons,) they chop and change too much. And DONT get me started on dubs. Urgh.
But it's this reason that there's not going to be a season 2 of the Furuba anime. Too many people said they didn't like it, that it deviated too much from the original manga. As an anime on its own, Furuba is great, but as a manga-to-anime its... not so great.

Argh, and now I've just made myself sound like a whiny complaining twazzok. -_-;; Being emo sucks...

I want some culture
Never mind the cheese
Just wanna hear music
And originality!

The Cat Empire Rocks! As does Kyohru! KAWAII DESU NE?!?!
Visit My Deviant Art Gallery Or My Shared Account
(#122 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

Send a message via AIM to kainpendragon Send a message via MSN to kainpendragon Send a message via Yahoo to kainpendragon
10-31-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSakura View Post
Okay, so I'm possibly going to sound cruel and heartless saying this, but I'mma gonna gloss over the whole death topic now. Not because I don't care, but I'm currently trying to use the internet as a way from escaping the things going on in my family at the moment... and I'm trying really heard not to get too upset...

OMG, and I'm going to be a real downer on the thread by saying I don't like Anime as much as Manga. Don't get me wrong, I love my anime, but i think that (for perfectly valid reasons,) they chop and change too much. And DONT get me started on dubs. Urgh.
But it's this reason that there's not going to be a season 2 of the Furuba anime. Too many people said they didn't like it, that it deviated too much from the original manga. As an anime on its own, Furuba is great, but as a manga-to-anime its... not so great.

Argh, and now I've just made myself sound like a whiny complaining twazzok. -_-;; Being emo sucks...

No i feel you are correct usely Manga or better then the anime, same reason Books are usely better then movies. It because reading has a different impact on the brain you image your own voices for charaters and so forth there usely more detail in the writing. But you can only put so much on TV.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
maks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-31-2006, 02:22 PM

hi sakura chan!!! doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu?? im maks!

(#124 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
10-31-2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSakura View Post
Okay, so I'm possibly going to sound cruel and heartless saying this, but...
i cut down the quote in here cause it takes up too much space. lol.

1. I agree with you on anime being second to manga when there is a manga equivelent.
2. professional dubs shouldn't exist. fandubs are somethign else...but i'm not a fan of that either.
3. T_T furuba...a shame. but the petition still rages its war...lol
4. [crazy hugs] thank god you came in here with a new topic...the old one was too deviating and i couldn't stop it...;_;....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maks View Post
hi sakura chan!!! doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu?? im maks!
you're also hitting on the forum members. -__-; i don't remembering getting such a warm welcome from you...
(#125 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

Send a message via AIM to kainpendragon Send a message via MSN to kainpendragon Send a message via Yahoo to kainpendragon
10-31-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo View Post
you're also hitting on the forum members. -__-; i don't remembering getting such a warm welcome from you...

lol he always does don't get to jelous now
(#126 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
10-31-2006, 03:56 PM

well, it might have also been cause i was like one of the first real active members out of the 15 at the time. lol. first is not always the best. o.x
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-31-2006, 04:06 PM

GunXSword

Total Episodes:26
Genres:Action,Adventure,Fantasy
Introduction:Armed with a metal sash that straightens into a sword, lanky swordsman Van is traveling through the desert, searching for the mysterious clawed man who killed his bride. Along the way he picks up a fellow traveler: Wendy, a young girl whose town he saves from bandits by summoning a mecha with his sword. Wendy is searching for her missing older brother, whose engraved gun she carries on her back. In their mutual quest they run afoul of more bandits and villains, a mysterious woman named Carmen99, and more mecha battles a la Wild West.
Wahoo Broke a record for staying away from anime~ 6 months
Finally finished this long standing anime. I held off on this till the end because I know that good animes have gone down the drain. This one however soared to meet expectations. Comparatively, this anime's ending, though long done in Japan, is still something very fresh thanks to SHRIMPS in the world wide web. Frankly, I welcome such a happy ending. It still held the necessary drama but it definitely did not overabuse it. Like disciplining children, there is a fine line between that and beating them. They definitely remained on the former's side. The anime is a good break from the melodrama that plagues today's anime series as fun comedies take sudden turns for dramatic scenes and emotional festivals that rival high school girls, fresh out of a cat fight. I especially like how you find out why the named it GunXSword, emphasis on the "X" portion of it, really, it just made it more comprehensive. My favorite part of this anime would have to be the new parody of Mecha-animes and definitely the unique weapons that each individual has.

I definitely give this anime a 5/5 because of its great story, the "goodness" of the bad guys, the artwork, the character developments, and the comedy, which never failed to die but not live overly in moments saved for action and drama. This anime definitely has the right mix of everything in it and is highly recommended to all who enjoy action anime. Don't be discouraged by the obvious mecha theme if you're not into that, because there is just so much more to this anime than that.

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

10-31-2006, 05:28 PM

Yeah, I somewhat agree with Sakura-san. Alot of manga are better then anime. But anime has all the music. That is one thing that makes it way better!!
(#129 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

10-31-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Yeah, I somewhat agree with Sakura-san. Alot of manga are better then anime. But anime has all the music. That is one thing that makes it way better!!
true anime has music but it the music directors idea of music, while the reader could tenchly image his own music for that manga.

just to let everyone know this is boardline derailing if you wish to reply to this post your reply to this here http://www.japanforum.com/forum/gene...-does-lol.html

Last edited by kainpendragon : 10-31-2006 at 06:12 PM.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

10-31-2006, 07:17 PM

For the record, I'm going to start Closing Down threads that derail/deviate too far or for too long from the original topic.