0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
otakunekogirl (Offline)
New to JF

10-22-2006, 10:34 AM

Oh must watch anime to watch. This month they have nice new series.

Death Note, D-Gray Man, Bartender, Shounen Onmyouji, and Pumpkin Scissors.

Also watch Code Geass it's Clamp but with a mix of Gundam so for those who like Gundam here it is Clamp style.

I would also recommend Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Shaman King, Ouran High School Host Club. I like these series because they have this originality to them.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2006, 11:38 AM

I already posted what animes are my favourite; but I will now add to the list:

Death Note

There are 3 anime episodes out so far, and GOD IT'S AWESOME. As for manga, I haven't read any of that and am not sure about how many chapters there are.

Synopsis (ATTENTION- CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Yagami Raito (Light), a very intelligent student in his last year of high school suddenly discovers a book called a "Death Note" that grants him the ability to kill people by writing their names down in the book if he knows their name and their face. This book belongs to a shinigami named Ryuuku (Ryuk) who dropped the book into the human world because he was bored and wanted some fun.

So, he follows Light around as Light now owns the book. (Ryuk has one of his own.) Light begins to use the book as a way to diminish crime and criminals and become the "God of the New World" where he will reign as a ruler named Kira.

On the 'real' justice side,the police force, is a genius detective named L who is searching for "Kira" trying to find information about the mysterious mass criminal slaughterer "Kira".

Obviously evidence is required to convict a person so L tries to make Light admit that he really is Kira and slowly different situations begin to unravel with many MANY twists in it but at the end, only one can come out victorious.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 10-22-2006 at 12:01 PM.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
10-22-2006, 02:29 PM

i haven't watched deathnote yet, but i read up to the volume 12 or so.
i'm gonna wait till its done before statring on it.

Last edited by kudo : 10-22-2006 at 02:57 PM. Reason: i said volume 15...theres only like 13 so far. xD
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Cool, I'm gonna see if I can download any of the manga so I can find out what happens next.

Light is currently faced with the decision of exchanging half his remaining life for special "Shinigami Eyes" with Ryuk. The "Shinigami Eyes" will enable him to discover someone's name and lifespan just by looking at them.

I'm anxious to see if he accepts... though I imagine he'll probably decline the offer.

>>> EDIT <<<

FREE Manga can be found HERE!!!

(Apparently there are 108 chapters actually. XD)

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 10-22-2006 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Adding Manga download link
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Theres definately a Deathnote hype going on, many people have told me to watch this, any idea where to get it?

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
ShadesOfDusk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via MSN to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via Yahoo to ShadesOfDusk
Post 10-22-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperd View Post
Theres definately a Deathnote hype going on, many people have told me to watch this, any idea where to get it?
A good place to get DeathNote episodes is here.

"Come on, scribbles on the bathroom wall, please show me the path that I must follow! " - Excel (Excel Saga)

Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.- Elmer G. Letterman
(#47 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
10-22-2006, 07:07 PM

READ DEATHNOTE FIRST!!!! ^^

lol, its not really that important i guess.
but yeah, huge DN hype goin on. major coolness for the chara's in it.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-22-2006, 09:34 PM

Ahh sweet, so many free anime in one place.. i have no idea where to look, whats the genre of this show.. deathnote? thanks for that

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

10-22-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Ahh sweet, so many free anime in one place.. i have no idea where to look, whats the genre of this show.. deathnote? thanks for that
AnimeSuki.com!!!
search deathNote and you'll get a list of torrent files for the Anime Eps.

you can read the manga here though: The Unrivaled Gallery - Home

^^ enjoy both!
(#50 (permalink))
Old
ShadesOfDusk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via MSN to ShadesOfDusk Send a message via Yahoo to ShadesOfDusk
Post 10-23-2006, 01:35 AM

Quote:
your welcome. the genre on that site is mystery and fantasy heres a direct link to the episodes...
Fansub TV - Anime Series: Death Note
after the list of new releases there should be a link that says Browse Full List to see all the series they have
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo View Post
AnimeSuki.com!!!
search deathNote and you'll get a list of torrent files for the Anime Eps.
AnimeSuki is also a great place to get torrents for subs

"Come on, scribbles on the bathroom wall, please show me the path that I must follow! " - Excel (Excel Saga)

Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.- Elmer G. Letterman