JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. (#11 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-13-2006, 06:12 AM

Basilisk
Total Episodes ~ 24

Koga and Iga were ninja clans that had been fighting for 400 years. Gennosuke of Koga and Oboro of Iga, loved each other and promised to break down the cursed bond of conversion. However, they were destined to kill each other. It was Keicho Era 19 (A.D. 1614), 73-year-old Ieyasu was wondering which of the brothers he should choose as a successor, Takechiyo or Kunichiyo. Takechiyo was the elder but he was stupid, while his younger brother Kunichiyo was clever. In order to choose the successor, Ieyasu decided to make Koga and Iga fight against each other. Both clans would choose ten best ninja to fight. If Kouga ninja survive, Kunichiyo would succeed to Shogun. On the hand, Takechiyo would become the next Shogun if Iga ninja win. Because Hattori Hanzo the first made them achieve a truce, they hadn't had an apparent fight for years. Therefore, when the truce was broken, they went for fights as if they were unleashed hound dogs. The only weapon they use were their own bodies. They had special abilities that men could hardly imagine. Now that, the battles of twenty ninja including old, young, men, and women began. They made most of their special abilities to fight. During the harsh battles, they were killed one by one. Which would win, Koga or Iga? Who in the world would survive? Then, what would become of the love of Gennosuke and Oboro, who were separated by the battle?
10/10!

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MRZ (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2006, 11:54 PM

Basilisk sounds somewhat close to the movie Shinobi. Maybe Shinobi was based on the anime of Basilisk?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
dunno

10-17-2006, 05:52 PM

bleach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its just verry awesome especially te first +- 50 episodes
you should just watch it^^
naruto is fun too.
they're both just "suke"(or however you would write this?):P
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

10-17-2006, 06:13 PM

Samurai Champloo
Total Episodes:26

Samurai Champloo is a show that chronicles the Odyssey of three main characters as they search for a mysterious "Sunflower Samurai." Fuu, one of the three characters, engaged the other two central characters to help look for the Sunflower Samurai because they are two seemingly invincible warriors. One of these warriors is a ronin named Jin, the other is a vagrent named Mugen. While they are both fantastic fighters they are significantly different in style and personality. Jin is a reserved, intelligent Samurai who fights only when provoked. Mugen is a loud, flashy criminal who looks for strong people to fight just for fun. The best case of this is when he engages Jin in an everlasting duel that is ongoing throughout the show but it is delayed due to their searching for the Sunflower Samurai. With a good plot, interesting characters side characters, not to mention great central ones, and some of the best action in any anime Samurai Champloo is an original, dynamic show that is very much worth viewing. 9/10

>>MRZ Basilisk is more dramatic in my opinion

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
gmhsan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to gmhsan
this one - 10-18-2006, 12:01 AM

magical shopping arcade abenobashi!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Abenobashiheader.jpg (29.3 KB, 664 views)
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Unregistered

Exclamation Avatar - 10-18-2006, 04:11 AM

I know it isn't exactly full-on Anime style or straight out of Japan, but "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is probably my favorite show on television. The use of the Japanese culture in it is so amazing and interesting, and the quality of the art is mind boggling. The fight scenes are probably the best part, mixing a combination of Martial arts and some fictional element use. ^-^

I HIGHLY recommend this show. =D
(#17 (permalink))
Old
DmOtaku (Offline)
New to JF

10-18-2006, 08:03 AM

Genshiken , nhk ni yokosho, scrapped princess, hellsing
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

Talking 10-18-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
Any of you guys into Cowboy Bebop or Outlaw Star? For me, those are "must watch" for any anime fan.
yes! Cowboy Bebop - a VERY innovative Anime, film and atleast two manga mini serie ^^;

Project bag has a good section dedicated to the bebop greatness --> HERE <--
they do a better break-dpown of this amazing series than i ever could

i liked Outlaw star too, but didnt see enough to really get in to it.. XD

my other main Fave and a must see (altho a *little* girly) is Escaflowne - the series - definatly a must see befor the movie - theres two manga too, but are horribly hard to get hold of here in the uk :'(

will post some pics once i find some of the excellent stills that would do the series justice ^^;
(#19 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
10-19-2006, 12:37 AM

ah, cowboy bebop...outlaw star..escaflowne...great titles from the past. ^^ i remember watching them and loving them to bits!
loved the jazz backmusic in bebop too.
i think i'll watch it again soon....lol.

i think i might have some esca manga somewhere though...i'll let you know and give you some if i can.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

10-19-2006, 01:12 AM

Ooo thank you! that'd be uber-excellent ^^

i remember finding some unofficial hentai manga with folken adn naria and eriya... that was WAY weird o____0"

hmm esca pics...
dammit - i'll have to do this later - i got classes in 6 hours XD