0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

The Must Watch Anime List - 10-05-2006, 04:04 PM

Hey people, i thought I should start a thread on must watch Anime, Leave a Unique Comment on your favourite Anime, maybe a pic too Lets Share our best with the rest! Ok let me start

Full Metal Alchemist
Total Episode 51+Movie

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the greatest anime i have ever seen: "Hagane no Renkinjutsushi" aka Full Metal Alchemist

From the beginning the series plot line makes sharp twists, using flshback to make us understand the story of Edward and Alphonse Elric, the famous alchemist brothers, as they travel their world, pararrel to our world in the beginning of the 20th century, with the only difference is that alchemy replaces electricity.

The characters development is one of the best I've seen so far, the animation is beautifull, with highly detailed textures and smooth movement. Great orchestric sountrack and and sound effects, This series should get a reward.

Warning: DO NOT WATCH MOVIE UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETELY FINISHED THE SERIES.

The movie was very moving..

Full metal alchemist is one of very few animes that has good a DUB (For People who understand English)

21/06/2009 - Hey! Just an update to inform you guys that the new FMA started airing a little while ago its basically a remake, with extra scenes and the promise of a continuation, following the manga.. which I personally haven't read. Just waiting in anticipation, for it to continue where the original anime left off!

In my opinion, its very worthy of watching for any FMA fans that wishes to relive the experience

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.

Last edited by Vesperd : 06-21-2009 at 05:40 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
VAOD (Offline)
New to JF

10-05-2006, 04:30 PM

I agree that Full Metal Alchemist is good of course I haven't seen the entire anime series yet and am only on volume 2 of the DVD's.

But naturally I have to say that the must see anime(s) ever are Sister Princess and Hanokyo Maid Team.

Both are very simmular but very much different. Sister princess is about the highschool life of one Wazoo ?? and his 13 younger sisters that he never knew he had all living on this one island with only one school and it seems that the sisters are in love with him but if it weren't for them being siblings incest would abound.

The second one is about an 8th grader named Taro Hanokyo who when the story begins is saying goodby to his mother's grave as he leaves to live with his grandfather whom he has never once met not even on the day he was born. Hormones seem to slightly abound in this three volume 12 episode series with a third year middle schooler as head of his family a grandfather that disappears before he shows up, a mantion bigger then most countries and a maid team the likes of which all love him very much and will do anything for him. more then 1000 maids it seems form security to three who's job it is to warm is bed up ie sleep with him and many many more antics. don't know how many other episodes will apear or if they'll have a movie I only have the first volume.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KawaiiSakura (Offline)
New to JF

10-05-2006, 05:35 PM

CardCaptor Sakura!

Okay, so this is most probably classed as a shojo manga, and thus might not interest guys as much, but I thought I'd express my feeling on this anime.

I remember watching this when I was 9-10 years old and absolutely LOVING it. We used to play act CCS in the playground, and everything. Now, 4 years later I'm re-watching it (after missing the end of season 3) and I still love it.

There's a really good summary on Wikipedia (which you should read, rather than mine, as I tend to ramble on a bit...) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardcaptor_Sakura

ANYway, basically, the story revolves around Sakura Kinomoto (Or Sakura Avalon in the Dub) who is a 10-year-old girl with magical powers (that she doesn't know about originally). One day, she finds a book in her father's library, and looks inside to find there are cards hidden inside! Unfortunately, she manages to magically scatter the cards all over her hometown of Tomoeda (Readington - dub). Also from the book comes Keroberos, who was supposed to be guarding the book, but took a nap. For 30 years.
Well, of course Sakura has to clean up the mess she made, and thus becomes the world's only Cardcaptor.

Gah, I'm starting to ramble now, but I'll carry on a little longer. The series spans over 3 seasons, the first two consist of Sakura re-capturing the cards, and the third is what adventures occur afterwards.
I have one thing more to say, and that is the usual thig of: The English dub sucks. I used to be alright with it, but after watching the original, with its amazing music and cute voices, I don't want to go back!

Ack, well...bye!

I want some culture
Never mind the cheese
Just wanna hear music
And originality!

The Cat Empire Rocks! As does Kyohru! KAWAII DESU NE?!?!
Visit My Deviant Art Gallery Or My Shared Account
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)

10-05-2006, 05:41 PM

Cardcaptor series is very old school i used to dig that show... girls still do!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)

Exclamation 10-06-2006, 04:15 PM

Onegai Teacher

Well what can i say i love this anime, Great animation and charactor design. The relationships between the charactors is great. Story is good and lots of twists.The only bad thing is that Mizuho says prority one alot and theres alot of silly thought dialog like acceleration and moving forward. I normally watch anime in its original japanese (which is really good for this anime the voice of mizuho is heavenly) but i like the english alot as well again mizuhos voice is also heavenly. Its actually kind of funny ive been watching 3 animes recently. Ah! megami sama chobits and this and the voice for Mrs Kazumi, Belldandy and a charactor in Chobits are the same voice actress. And i love her voice both Japanese and english. Well i dont know what else to say i enjoyed it thouroghly and will probibly watch it again.
Characters:10
Plot: 10
Animation 10
Charactor design: 10 mizuho is gorgeous
Music: 9.56 the begging intro song is one of my favorites
Voice acting: english 11 japanese 10
Progression: 9.8 no fillers here and great twists.
Comedy: 8 you wont be laughing constantly but there are some very funny situations.
Overall 11/10
Friends... You must watch this Anime NOW!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
maks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-11-2006, 02:35 PM

you're a good critic when it comes to anime...well, most of time i like anime....alchemist is cool, card captor sakura is cute....smaurai x is a wow for me.....gatekeepers <love it>, what else....fushigi yuugi <the story is nice>...etc
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
10-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Sister Princess and Hanokyo Maid Team...these are something i have to watch. i read about maid team onece and put it on the list. (yes, we all know about this list..we all have one. lol.)
never heard of sister princess. thanks for the heads up, sounds interesting.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
maks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-11-2006, 03:29 PM

sister princess....what is that story all about?

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)

10-12-2006, 05:20 PM

Read VOAD's Review

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Monster (Offline)
New to JF

10-12-2006, 10:04 PM

Any of you guys into Cowboy Bebop or Outlaw Star? For me, those are "must watch" for any anime fan.