JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Anime/Manga Recommendations (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/20836-anime-manga-recommendations.html)

Dondake 05-10-2009 04:22 PM

I love (amor, airu, miluju, j'taime, whatever language you speak!) Clannad. :lovebear:

Oh, where does one begin?! TTvTT

Well, the whole story is DOWNRIGHT HEARTBREAKING.

I began to watch Clannad with one personality, but after crying 7 times in from series 1 to the end of series 2, my outlook on life changed. That's very powerful for an anime, and you know it.

Clannad throws in little bits of humor, but when it comes right down to it, the message is something like 'family is not linked by only blood, it's linked by tears and joy'.

The story has amazing character development, as Furukawa Nagisa certainly proves. She blossoms more and more throughout the series, and the viewers don't need the subtle hints given by the characters about how she grows into a beautiful woman.

Also, the graphics are amazing. Key has once again exceeded our expectations, and crossed the line from beautiful to no words.

The plot, as I cannot explain it, was stated by wikipedia nicely:
Quote:

Clannad's story revolves around a group of five girls whose lives are connected to the same boy. Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student who dislikes his life. Tomoya's mother (Atsuko) died when Tomoya was young, leaving his father (Naoyuki) to raise him. After the accident, Tomoya's father turned to alcohol and gambling, and held frequent fights with his son. One day, Naoyuki, again arguing with his son, slammed Tomoya against the wall, dislocating Tomoya's shoulder. Ever since then, his father has treated Tomoya nicely, but distantly, as if Tomoya and he were strangers rather than a family. This hurts Tomoya more than his previous relationship with his father, and the awkwardness of returning home leads Tomoya constantly to stay out all night. Additionally, the injury disables Tomoya from participating in his basketball club, and pushes him to distance himself from his school and other activities. Thus his delinquent life begins. Tomoya's good friend Youhei Sunohara, who got thrown out of the soccer club for a dispute, is also a delinquent and often hangs out in his dorm room with Tomoya doing nothing much. (Who is the girl who can pull Tomoya out of his downward spiral?)
Please, please, please play/read/watch Clannad. *****/*****

RyuuzakiSan 05-18-2009 08:48 AM

It's without a doubt, Death Note ^^

RyuuzakiSan 05-18-2009 10:24 AM

A few recommendations:

- Shigetsutan Tsukihime.
- Gunslinger Girl.
- Shaman King.
- Planetes.

YagamiLight 05-18-2009 10:41 AM

Anime Recommendations:

- Vampire Knight
- Ghost Hunt
- Trinity Blood
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
- School Rumble

WishingStar 05-21-2009 02:58 PM

I recommend Naruto, but the japanese version, not the english version.
Also, Chobits is a cute one for girls<3

seiki 06-05-2009 02:02 AM

tenchi muyo
legend of black heaven
lagoon
tokko!
any gundam other than SD
samurai champloo
cowboy bebop

nobora 06-05-2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WishingStar (Post 720427)
I recommend Naruto, but the japanese version, not the english version.
Also, Chobits is a cute one for girls<3

LOVE CHOBITS!

Thuglife 06-17-2009 12:28 PM

Seems like
"Switch Girl"
and
"Pandora Hearts"

are hot right now along with REBORN of course. With my students anyway:vsign:

Minegishisan 07-02-2009 02:22 PM

That would be... Welcome to the NHK ^^

Mayyosa 07-04-2009 02:42 PM

Haruhi is my favourite anime ^_^:rheart: