JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Rayfain (Offline)
Boy #5

Send a message via MSN to Rayfain
Anime versus Manga - 02-04-2007, 02:21 PM

This has probably been posted before but which are better the Animes or the Mangas.
With Bleach i love the Anime but dont find the Manga as exciting. And Naruto i couldn't stand the anime but love the manga. One good thing about anime is that dramatic music can be added over the top for extra effect

(#2 (permalink))
Old
jasmine (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2007, 02:58 PM

I agree
sometimes the manga is so beautiful that I can't stand the anime and sometimes the opposite. but the first case happens alot with me so I prefer the manga, althoug anime has it's own positives
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
02-04-2007, 05:34 PM

I just started watching the RahXephon anime.
After reading the manga, it makes no sense whatsoever.
It depends on which one you come across first for a series I guess.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

02-04-2007, 06:26 PM

I can't choose. The Death Note anime is practically exactly like the manga. I am not sure which I like better.

But I have seen way more animes then I have read mangas, so for now I'll say there equal.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kazumi (Offline)
Supreme Magician Girl

Send a message via AIM to Kazumi Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kazumi
02-04-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I can't choose. The Death Note anime is practically exactly like the manga. I am not sure which I like better.

But I have seen way more animes then I have read mangas, so for now I'll say there equal.
I agree with that because anime has it different qualities than the manga but sometimes the manga might show bit more than the anime. I like watching the anime because I want to see the characters in action and I read the manga because it different than the anime like different things happen in the manga that don't happen in the anime. So I say I like them equally.

Magic is all around us. You just need to know where to find it?

The Magical World is were I was born. I control the magical stone called the Sages Stone.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MysteriousFayth (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to MysteriousFayth Send a message via Yahoo to MysteriousFayth
02-04-2007, 07:32 PM

Normally, I prefer the manga over the anime of the same name. I love watching the anime, seeing all the cool animation and listening to the soundtrack. However, with anime I am just watching it, when reading manga I am able to be in it, manga allows the reader to become much more engrossed in the world, or so I think. ^^

Hyuu!!!

Yes, I really couldn't think of anyting else XD But hey, we all love Fay and Mokona right? ^^
(#7 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

02-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Manga usually. I like to read the manga first then watch the anime when it is at all possible. The manga is usually more indepth and in some cases drawn better. An example is Saiyuki. I love both but the manga runs on a different time line of events and is absolutly beautiful to look at.

FEAR ME!!!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

02-05-2007, 05:02 PM

Yeah, that is what makes manga a bit better because the art quality is more.

When animes are made, they usually aren't created by the same person who did the manga. So you get other artists copying the style of the manga, and they don't always do a good job.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
02-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Yeah there are a lot of good points and bad points of anime, and a lot of good points and bad points of manga. For me, I watched the scryed anime (well most of it) and I've read the first two volumes, but...they styles are so different; the manga style is harsh and the anime style is soft...I really don't favor one over the other, though.

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
phron (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 02-07-2007, 01:09 PM

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
I agree
sometimes the manga is so beautiful that I can't stand the anime and sometimes the opposite. but the first case happens alot with me so I prefer the manga, althoug anime has it's own positives