JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

Send a message via AIM to kainpendragon Send a message via MSN to kainpendragon Send a message via Yahoo to kainpendragon
02-19-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Gaah, damnit im getting real pissed off with people who look down on Asia(Japan) and it's cultures -.-"

Why cant they understand that not everything in Asia has to do with Chinese and that anime isn't just some low-class cartoons?
What exactly are they discriminating against? Why do they feel that ainime/manga are just for little kids and arent able to accept the fact that they aren't age restricted in any way, and can be seen/read by older viewers? Why don't they know that the art and profundity of anime cannot be compared to a barren and monotonous reality? 1/4 of the world population on earth watch anime/manga. Japan is one of the most powerful countries in the world and possibly only second against the US.

Was it the right move to make a thread regarding a sensitive issue? Will it spark off tension, havoc and internal wars? I don't know anymore.. Z_Z

I would agree with u aboutbeing discriminated against. I would say this happens in the USA more then any where else i would think. I don't agree the expection of japan is not one of the worldest strongest Country the top 5 in terms of miltary might would be China number one for it sheer numbers. Germany has built it force back up for a 3rd time. The Uk, and America more then likly beening dead last on the top 5. I would say japan is about 7 or 8 pretty strong but not in the top 5 and i doubt 1/4 the weold population watchs anime. maybe 1/100 with the majoritys comeing from southern asian some parts of central and south america as well as north america and the uk and some of europe. even thou that a lot of places it is still not very popular with adults in the none asian regions yes it growing but it far from beening watch by 1/4 the world population. if 1/4 the world population watched anime it we a bigger industry then what it already is. I would say the profits would be close to that of maybe even oil. Manga and anime artist would be in high deman and it is not.
Japan is no longer as strong as it was 7 to 10 years ago. at one point the japanese yeh was worth 5 us dollars to 1 yen. now the dollar is worth more, yes the yen is comeing back up but very very slowly. The us dollor is usely used as a base of trade in terms of weath based power. with British pound and eruro worth more then american dollars and every where else beening less. Corrent me if some other form of currance is worth more then the us dollar.

There are 3 kinds of perverts in this world
1. Those that hid it.
2. Those that accpect.
3. Those that are Ero Sennin
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM

I totally agree. I am lucky becasue I live on the west coast and it is accepted more widely and more popular. Probably because we are closer to Asia(Japan). I mean, heck, even my Aunt knows what it is!!! Everyone in the west coast that I have met so far seem to like anime and don't think you are stupid becasue you watch, "cartoons". Then again, there are those idiots who look at you stupidly, at the bookstore becuase you are looking in the Graphic Novel section. That is the time when I calmly grab a manga book and shove it up their nose. I mean, I don't look at them weird for looking at those ridiculous self-help books! Seriously though, I don't want to live on the East coast for anyhting. Those people sem to think Japanese are nuts. And the only thing that is worse than living on the east coast, is having a mom who does not like your anime...

Last edited by Rikku777 : 02-19-2007 at 08:12 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-19-2007, 07:55 PM

I don't really expect understanding, and I'm not really offended when people knock anime. Anime is a sub-category for my interest in foreign film. It takes a certain mindset to appreciate anime, and not everyone will have it.

Animation is simply a medium, like film, or literature. I don't judge things by the medium, simply by the artistic merits of the work itself. The majority of people are not open minded like this, and there's going to be a lot of prejudging taking place. Anyone whose shown a friend an anime and gotten nothing but blanks stares and "how can you watch this crap?" will know what I mean. They saw animation and immediatly went "Oh boy, it's a kids show, he's got me watching Transformers".
(#14 (permalink))
Old
maitrekong (Offline)
New to JF

02-19-2007, 08:11 PM

so much people forget to live...
i agree with all of you're saying and so much people are ignorant and selfish and stupid...but they refuse to recognize this...

maitre kong
http://kingkongdesiles.skyblog.com
correct me
(#15 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-20-2007, 07:19 AM

I did say "possibly", so technically, u dont hv anything to argue against :P
When i say Japan's one of the most powerful countries i the world, i meant it's ranged somewhr in the top 10, not top 5 ^_^
Regarding the 1/4 world population part, i was exaggerating
You may be right abt the artists part. However, the demand in manga and anime artists are increasing.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-20-2007, 07:45 AM

I don't care about what other ppl think about anime. I enjoyed it, and as long as there are ppl out there making it, translating and enjoying .. who cares about those ignoramus... they are the one's loosing the chance to enjoy a good animation not me or us
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

02-20-2007, 09:55 AM

I agree with Samokan, I know this will probably sound stupid but anime and manga is a great part of my life, to behonest without it i would be a misserable sod with no motivation to do anything

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2007, 01:29 PM

Exactly. I don't care what people think of me, so if they think anime is for little kids, let them I say! (although they're wrong, so they're stupid for thinking it.)

My mate was drawing an anime pic in our boring old English class last year and then a guy turns round and says "why are you drawing pokemon pictures?". HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! What an idiot.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#19 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-20-2007, 01:32 PM

LOL.., the examples u guys hv given..
the hilariousness nv seems to cease.. XD

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah it is stupid isn't it

by the way how do you know that 1/4 of the world's population watch anime/read manga?

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~