JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#431 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
10-23-2010, 06:25 PM

I wouldnt go out in the street and start shouting about anime and manga like but watching 3 episodes of anime and reading one manga a week isnt an obsession haha

and yea I get what ya mean about anime=cartoons but all really depends on your definition of what a cartoon is, alot people who are posting in this thread see it as illustrations for children. I call it anime simply because its japanese cartoons which are made for a range of ages while...cartoons (as in the uk and usa) mostly are for children, but having said that you do get a select few made for adults (southpark, family guy, aqua teen hunger force etc)

I've never felt discriminated against for watching anime haha...and where I'm from I used to get the whole "GET YOUR HAIR CUT YA DORTY GRUNGOR" when is wasnt even that long xD I've simply educated my friends who think its the same to cartoons over here that its different by showing them complex story lines that some of them couldnt even come to grips with.
(#432 (permalink))
Old
Rakutenka (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-23-2010, 08:40 PM

I can just agree to what you guys have carried together by now~

=^___^=

I've always been swimming against the tide.
I'm kinda proud of that.
There were pretty hard times in my life, but I always managed to
get out of that again!

Although it hurts a lot when almost everyone around you says you're a freak, strange, etc.

But I think what's most important is only what YOU make out of it.<3
*___* I wouldn't want to give up what I like most.

*anime-manga*

Each to their own.<3

Prussia is like a new cardigan: scrapes a bit but keeps you warm.

Each man to his own.
(#433 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

11-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Aah.. well im glad to know some people agree with me ^_^
thx alot, i really appreciate it.
There's an entire country of people here (in Japan) that agree with you.
Most of my friends parents watch anime, there are several all-day anime channels, there are sections of magazine racks devoted to various kinds of manga, including some disturbing stuff!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#434 (permalink))
Old
AkioFlameWall (Offline)
New to JF

12-22-2010, 05:41 PM

I agree as well. I don't have the 'make-fun-of-me-and-anime' problem, but I do get called weirdo and the shows cartoons. People believe anime is for children, cartoons as they say, but they all aren't. Anime isn't just deeper, its more detailed and some things happen in anime, Spongebob viewers...just can't see People don't have reasons to hate it, and they just go off what they read/think/see...but it's they're opinion, as I say, and they can think what they want, even if they're thoughts and opinions are completely wrong. You know what the real deal is, they don't. I don't dwell on it but it's fun to conversate with people about it, I try not to get angry
(#435 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
12-22-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
There's an entire country of people here (in Japan) that agree with you.
Most of my friends parents watch anime, there are several all-day anime channels, there are sections of magazine racks devoted to various kinds of manga, including some disturbing stuff!
hehe. You've just captured my attention using the phrase 'disturbing stuff'. lol. I'm intrigued now

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)