JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KiffJames (Offline)
New to JF

When anime series brings something new to the table. - 05-29-2009, 06:28 PM

The first time I started watching anime I thought; “wow, how is it possible that I have missed out on this great stuff for so long”.

After watching a few series that leads to a lot of series, I started to observe similarities. This similarities makes up a “formula” that is abused over and over again, and suddenly every anime out there seems related to each other – but than you got those anime series that are groundbreaking and adds new content to genre.

Post those anime series that “took you by surprise” when it comes to originality in both story and form.

My three favourites now is (I’m only mentioning anime for adults)

Cowboy Bepop

Without spoiling anything, I can say that all the characters are exceptionally interesting, some may seem easy at start, but they all got complex and appealing sides that we don’t fully understand before later on. The anime also have some of the COOLEST bad guys you will ever encounter in a anime.

Berserk

The share bloodshed alone doesn’t make Berserk a great anime – the reason is character development, eye-catching environment and awe-inspiring storyline. The manga has a lot more substance - but the anime version has, in my opinion, been perfectly converted in to the “movie” format.

Claymore

A story about hot skinny chicks that are wielding gigantic swords and killing monsters in a gigantic bloodbath. It seems interesting enough but there is a lot more to it like; character development, unpredictable storyline and a attention-grabbing “universe”.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2009, 07:39 PM

5 Centimeters Per Second

This anime is real life. It doesn't bring the zaniness that almost every other anime has atleast a little of.

Peach Girl

You know, I can't pinpoint any one thing about this one that just didn't seem different than anything I've seen before.

Voices of a Distant Star

Yes, it has mecha and battles, but it is nothing at all like any other mecha anime. It's about nothing more than emotion.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Wednesday (Offline)
JF Regular

07-18-2014, 05:21 PM

Samurai Champloo
The story line is very flexible, you don't just go forward. They are breaking the rules, even in the opening.

Akira (movie)
It has a different approach to the evil and beauty.

I never watched Monster but I guess, the anime is like the manga, quite similar to "Akira".

"Freaks rule!" (._.)v