JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Cosplay Zanpakutou help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/26506-cosplay-zanpakutou-help.html)

Takanori 07-14-2009 04:21 AM

Cosplay Zanpakutou help

I've been looking at a few of these and was wondering if anyone here has them or has a gallery/review of them. I'd really like to see the size of them while someone is holding them or something.
First of all is: Bleach - Byakuya Kuchiki Senbonzakura Sword
Second : Bleach Ichigo Bankai Red and Black Wooden Sword - Samurai Swords
and Third : Bleach Hitsagaya Wooden Sword - Samurai Swords

And if possible can someone give me a link to a better replica of either the Senbonzakura or Tensa Zangetsu (Bankai ver.) preferably wood or carbon steel.
Oh and I forgot an important thing, Is Carbon Steel sharp or does it just look like metal but is safe? 'cause I don't want to be cutting up my curtains swinging the sword!

Thank you very much! Any help is appreciated!

AkatsukiMemberR 07-14-2009 04:37 AM

Well I cant help you with the wooden swords but I can tell you carbon steel can come sharpened or unsharpened. A few of the swords i've bought are unsharpened carbon steel, but most sites don't sell them that way because the majority of consumers prefer the swords to be sharp. What I do sometimes is if I find a sword that I like and I'd rather it be unsharpened, then I take a sharpening stone and run it straight down the sharp side of the blade. I hope that helps.:vsign:

Takanori 07-14-2009 04:40 AM

Oh. Thanks for the idea. Could you tell me if the Senbonzakura one is sharpened or unsharpened? It's the first link in the post.

AkatsukiMemberR 07-14-2009 04:50 AM

Nope, the description says false edge so i'd assume its not sharp. :D

Takanori 07-14-2009 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkatsukiMemberR (Post 746601)
Nope, the description says false edge so i'd assume its not sharp. :D

Awesome! That means I can freely swing it around!
Thanks Akatsuki!

AkatsukiMemberR 07-14-2009 05:01 AM

Well now hold on, I don't think you wanna go swinging it around indoors.

Takanori 07-14-2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkatsukiMemberR (Post 746603)
Well now hold on, I don't think you wanna go swinging it around indoors.

Hmm..how come?

AkatsukiMemberR 07-14-2009 05:09 AM

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not calling you irresponsible but I think if you just swing it around you might break something.

Takanori 07-14-2009 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkatsukiMemberR (Post 746605)
Now don't get me wrong, i'm not calling you irresponsible but I think if you just swing it around you might break something.

Hahaha yeah I just might. Unless I have alot of room. Anyways, as long as I don't cut someone or slice my pants into shorts I'll be fine.

AkatsukiMemberR 07-14-2009 05:30 AM

Kk I cant tell you what to do so... but I just want to tell you dont cut anything with the senbozakura, its not full tang. This is the site I use, True Swords - Samurai Swords, Full Tang, Real Blades, Movie, Anime, Video Game, & Manga Replicas and this is the zanpakuto they sell (most of which is full tang.) Zanpakuto at True Swords