JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Naruto911 (Offline)
JF Regular

Evil or Hero - 08-03-2009, 11:16 PM

A lot of people in the world who watch anime or read manga usually have a certain type of character that they like, the hero(or main character(s) or the evil, mysterious type of character(sometimes misunderstood).
I'm curious about what other people go for.

I'm sorta spilt between the two or either I go for the character(s) that aren't really focused on all of the time.
Some of my favorite hero types are:
Naruto from Naruto
Abel from Trinity Blood
Kate from Trinity Blood
Hagi from Blood Plus
Kai from Blood Plus
Holland from Eureka Seven
Sango from Inuyasha
Ichigo from Bleach
Gojyo from Saiyuki Reload
Sanzo from Saiyuki Reload
Goku from Saiyuki Reload
Hakkai from Saiyuki Reload
Light from Death Note

Some of my favorite characters that aren't focused on a lot are:
Moondoggie from Eureka Seven
Momo from Bleach
Shiki from Vampire Knight
Anko from Naruto
Kisuke from Bleach
Matsuda from Death Note
Mikami from Death Note
Raye from Death Note

Some of my favorite evil types are:
Byakuya from Bleach
Kenpachi from Bleach
Gaara from Naruto
Temari from Naruto
Cain from Trinity Blood
Soloman from Blood Plus
Carl from Blood Plus
Nathan from Blood Plus
Renji from Bleach
L from Death Note
Ulquiorra from Bleach
Grimmjow from Bleach
Near from Death Note
Mellow from Death Note
Ryuk from Death Note
(#2 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

08-03-2009, 11:26 PM

Hero : Naruto, Shikamaru, Inuyasha

Evil : Seshy,Sasuke,Gaara
(#3 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

08-04-2009, 12:03 AM

I always prefer the heros and most often the main character. I also like the strong quiet ones.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Naruto911 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-08-2009, 07:43 AM

Cool choices.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Corrugo (Offline)
New to JF

08-08-2009, 09:47 AM

First off HOW is L from Deathnote seen as an 'evil' type? Secondly.. I think your 'type' might be like mine I can't speak for all but in the evil category you have..

Byakuya, Kenpachi, Gaara, Temari, Renji, L (WTF xD), Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Near, Mellow and Ryuk.

I can't consider any of them truly 'evil' characters. I feel like ranting so I'll explain.

Byuakuya evil did is well he feels that the law should be upholded so he allows his 'own' sister to be executed. After seeing a flashback, it's understood WHY he chose this and turns out he's not so bad. Kenpachi is just freakin' nuts and wants a good fight. Evil? Not really.. selfish? Yeah. Renji? Seriousily? First scene you see him in.. yeah he seems like a jerk but everytime after that he's clearly a good guy. Grimmjow (to me) seems like the Espada version of Kenpachi and Ulquiorra just seems to follow orders and has a score to settle with Ichigo, hardly evil.

L being evil just HAS to be a typo, think you switched Light and L together and if that's the case.. Light isn't that evil since.. he's actually trying to make the world a better place. Ryuk? He's just bored and that's hardly a sin xD Near is a totally good guy so.. dunno why you put him there and Mellow? Well he's a good.. just has a more dishonest way of doing good. Almost like a less demented Light xD

I can see why Temari would seem evil at first and ecspecially Gaara but again, after understanding their reasons for their acts - well Gaara atleast it's easy to why they chose to act like that. Temari did it for her country (if memory serves) and Gaara.. well he's just a bit of a loony at that point xD But afterwards he's just awesome.

Your good guys are just all likable, I'm a bit surprised Vash isn't there he'd fit that pretty well, heh.

I don't really have a type either, but I do have a thing for liking bad guys who turn good or just really noble characters. Examples include..

Rock lee (Naruto) Noble
Sasuke (Naruto) Just badass
Itachi (Naruto) Noble (If your caught up in the series enough)

Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho) Noble
Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho) Bad guy turned good (later anyway)
Yomi (Yu Yu Hakusho) Bad guy (?) turned good (?)
Chu/Jin (Yu Yu Hakusho) Just awesome xD
(Touya) (Yu Yu Hakusho) Noble

Grimmer (Monster) Just awesome

Ishida (Bleach) Bad guy (?) turns good (?) and badass
Kenpachi (Bleach) Badass xD

Ruby (Pokemon Special Manga) Just awesome in everyway

So my type is.. Noble/Bad turned good/ or just awesome characters.

Sorry! This post got out of control xD Especially for my first!

"Your the one who was trying to kiss the one who you were trying to kill NO LESS THAN AN HOUR AGO!" ~ Phares
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Naruto911 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-09-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrugo View Post
First off HOW is L from Deathnote seen as an 'evil' type? Secondly.. I think your 'type' might be like mine I can't speak for all but in the evil category you have..

Byakuya, Kenpachi, Gaara, Temari, Renji, L (WTF xD), Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Near, Mellow and Ryuk.

I can't consider any of them truly 'evil' characters. I feel like ranting so I'll explain.

Byuakuya evil did is well he feels that the law should be upholded so he allows his 'own' sister to be executed. After seeing a flashback, it's understood WHY he chose this and turns out he's not so bad. Kenpachi is just freakin' nuts and wants a good fight. Evil? Not really.. selfish? Yeah. Renji? Seriousily? First scene you see him in.. yeah he seems like a jerk but everytime after that he's clearly a good guy. Grimmjow (to me) seems like the Espada version of Kenpachi and Ulquiorra just seems to follow orders and has a score to settle with Ichigo, hardly evil.

L being evil just HAS to be a typo, think you switched Light and L together and if that's the case.. Light isn't that evil since.. he's actually trying to make the world a better place. Ryuk? He's just bored and that's hardly a sin xD Near is a totally good guy so.. dunno why you put him there and Mellow? Well he's a good.. just has a more dishonest way of doing good. Almost like a less demented Light xD

I can see why Temari would seem evil at first and ecspecially Gaara but again, after understanding their reasons for their acts - well Gaara atleast it's easy to why they chose to act like that. Temari did it for her country (if memory serves) and Gaara.. well he's just a bit of a loony at that point xD But afterwards he's just awesome.

Your good guys are just all likable, I'm a bit surprised Vash isn't there he'd fit that pretty well, heh.

I don't really have a type either, but I do have a thing for liking bad guys who turn good or just really noble characters. Examples include..

Rock lee (Naruto) Noble

Ok now I get where your comming from but when I put some of the guys in the evil category, It didn't mean that they were evil and will be evil forever, its just my opinion.
Alright with Bleach all of the soul reapers and arrancars I put in the evil category, I was basing that on the beginning of the story from when Ichigo and the guys first went to the Soul Society. To Ichigo and the guys were considered the good guys. Well to them none of the soul reapers were on their side, all of them were considered the enemy(besides Rukia of course). Grimmjow and Ulquirorra not really on their team either, so I consider them evil cause their not really good.
Ok now with the Death Note thing putting L on the evil list wasn't a typo, I mean't it. I really like Light and I think his plan and motives are absolutely awesome. See L was atempting to put a stop to Kira, so at this point I see Light as more of the good type and L as the bad type. I'm not saying that he's as evil as evil can possibly get, I really like L a tot, I mean he's awesome, but I'm just giving my opinion. The Ryuk thing, I know he's not evil but he's a shinigami, in my book shinigamis are considered evil. Near and Mello are also trying to stop Kira and I already talked about that.
Now for Naruto, I never thought Temari and Gaara were evil. Yeah Temari was a little mean to people and I know she was doing all that for her village and stuff, but she was on a mission to destroy Konoha with Kankuro, Baki, and Gaara. I know shes not evil anymore but she was considered evil from the beginning. Usually I base everything on first impressions. Gaara, I know most people probably think that he's crazy and a little twisted, but from the beginning his blood lust made him even more awesome to me. It made me love him more.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Naruto911 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-09-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrugo View Post

Rock lee (Naruto) Noble

Ok now I get where your comming from but when I put some of the guys in the evil category, It didn't mean that they were evil and will be evil forever, its just my opinion.
Alright with Bleach all of the soul reapers and arrancars I put in the evil category, I was basing that on the beginning of the story from when Ichigo and the guys first went to the Soul Society. Ichigo, Orihime, Chad, and Uryu were considered the good guys. Well to them none of the soul reapers were on their side, all of them were considered the enemy(besides Rukia of course). Grimmjow and Ulquirorra not really on their team either, so I consider them evil cause their not really good.
Ok now with the Death Note thing putting L on the evil list wasn't a typo, I mean't it. I really like Light and I think his plan and motives are absolutely awesome. See L was atempting to put a stop to Kira, so at this point I see Light as more of the good type and L as the bad type. I'm not saying that he's as evil as evil can possibly get, I really like L a lot, I mean he's awesome, but I'm just giving my opinion. The Ryuk thing, I know he's not evil but he's a shinigami, in my book shinigamis are considered evil. Near and Mello are also trying to stop Kira and I already talked about that.
Now for Naruto, I never thought Temari and Gaara were evil. Yeah Temari was a little mean to people and I know she was doing all that for her village and stuff, but she was on a mission to destroy Konoha with Kankuro, Baki, and Gaara. I know shes not evil anymore but she was considered evil from the beginning. Usually I base everything on first impressions. Gaara, I know most people probably think that he's crazy and a little twisted, but from the beginning his blood lust made him even more awesome to me. It made me love him more.
Thats pretty much all I have to say about that. These are just my opinions.

Last edited by Naruto911 : 08-09-2009 at 06:45 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-09-2009, 07:35 AM

Many characters in anime are niether all good or all bad but tend to be rather complex as to what motivates them.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Pike (Offline)
Asian Female? Where?

08-11-2009, 11:43 PM

It is to easy to be the bad guy. Want something challenging then be the hero.

The Ecstasy of Emptiness
The Purity of Suffering
The Divinity of Loneliness
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2009, 02:28 AM

Lelouch from Code Geass. It's more that his actions are morally questionable. Do the ends justify the means?

Someone already mentioned Death Note, and while L might not be considered "evil", a word which is defined differently by each individual, he certainly was not "good". He was described as not caring how he solved each case, he never did it to be the "good guy". Again, depending upon the person, Light might be morally corrupt or a saint.