JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - 11-15-2009, 11:52 PM

Anybody watching this? It's getting very thrilling now. And lots of mindfucks.

For you all who don't know it, this is a completely new series made by the same team who did Higurashi. However, if you expect this to be a horrific anime, you will be disappointed. This is a murder mystery and is more about solving it. Hence why it is more mindfuck. Actually it's very difficult to grasp as a concept.

Personally, I love it. Even though I didn't understood how Battler could refuse magic in those circumstances he was (he was in a game and watching over himself, how can that be real?), I know understand the point of this anime a little bit more.

However I won't spoil any more to you. Go and watch it already if you haven't. It's still an ongoing series.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

11-16-2009, 12:20 AM

Im a little bit disappointed because i was expecting something realy like Higurashi (with the gore/horror in it) but i still think its interesting and im glad its still ongoing ^^

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SummerVegetable (Offline)
New to JF

12-09-2009, 12:44 PM

ahhh... Umineko. My current fandom.
I love it to bits. Murder mystery is just my thing and the story itself interest me. Of course, I had a bit of trouble understanding the cases and stuff. Oh, well. I really need to try and play the visual novel and read the manga.

And isn't Umineko gory enough? Starting from poor Battler got 'totured' in EP2, stuffing candies into people's stomach, people with their face crushed... etc.

I like Umineko more than Higurashi, since Umineko is more of a mystery than some parasite murderer in Higurashi. It's not that I hate violence. I like it, but I'm a story>everything person.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerVegetable View Post
And isn't Umineko gory enough? Starting from poor Battler got 'totured' in EP2, stuffing candies into people's stomach, people with their face crushed... etc.

I like Umineko more than Higurashi, since Umineko is more of a mystery than some parasite murderer in Higurashi. It's not that I hate violence. I like it, but I'm a story>everything person.
Just wait for the uncensored DVD release.

Umineko is great but still not as good as Higurashi. I can't seem to like any of the characters except Beatrice and Ronove. All the adults are greedy and boring, and the kids and teens are either dumbasses or with a really big ego. Maria sometimes is likable and Ange is very annoying. Beatrice is the best in there. While at Higurashi, almost every character was enjoyable. Keichi, Mion, Shion, Rena, Satoko and the best, Rika Furude.

Umineko has a better mystery, but Higurashi has the best storyline.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?