Hinata from Naruto
(#22 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-20-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
So you had to pull that from Wikipedia to use it as an excuse? Do not BS with such questions anyway, philosophy is for fa**ots. Calling a Tyrannosaur cute isn't normal. End of argument.
HillBilled.

Obviously you did not notice the meaning. But go on, keep following the mass's.

Filosophy is for fa**gots?

What do you think filosophy is?

Whats a fa**ot?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-20-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
HillBilled.

Obviously you did not notice the meaning. But go on, keep following the mass's.

I don't have to read the meaning of 'normal' from Wikipedia to know what it means. You could have just said 'Yeah, I'm not normal", but you had to pull crap from WP so it sounds like you're not normal in a special kind of way.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-21-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I don't have to read the meaning of 'normal' from Wikipedia to know what it means. You could have just said 'Yeah, I'm not normal", but you had to pull crap from WP so it sounds like you're not normal in a special kind of way.
And again, you lacked the meaning of it. Its not something universally estipulated, and its pretty much irrelevant to call something "normal" or not on the internet.

Within your social group, who established the norms, they find the examples i gave "out of normality".

Within my social group, who established the norms, they find the examples i gave "normal".

Within the internet, who's a group of groups, and who does not have any established norms, there is no definition for "a normal thing".

Therefore:

- Within your social group, im not normal.
- Within my social group, im normal.
- Within the internet, im undefined. Because there is no universal definition for "normality". (or neather is globally, but within groups)

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-21-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
And again, you lacked the meaning of it. Its not something universally estipulated, and its pretty much irrelevant to call something "normal" or not on the internet.

Within your social group, who established the norms, they find the examples i gave "out of normality".

Within my social group, who established the norms, they find the examples i gave "normal".

Within the internet, who's a group of groups, and who does not have any established norms, there is no definition for "a normal thing".

Therefore:

- Within your social group, im not normal.
- Within my social group, im normal.
- Within the internet, im undefined. Because there is no universal definition for "normality". (or neather is globally, but within groups)
Bollocks. Normality is set by the majority, all those who differ aren't normal. You're implying two guys with down syndrome would call themselves normal. That is true, however they aren't normal because normality is set by the majority which does not have the syndrome.

Playing with words won't help your case.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Bollocks. Normality is set by the majority.
Normality is set by the majority, but its not universally. Its up to each individual group to set it as they like it, within the group.

Quote:
You're implying two guys with down syndrome would call themselves normal. That is true, however they aren't normal because normality is set by the majority which does not have the syndrome.
So let me give you some examples of what is considered "normal" within islamic countries, comparing to Catholic countries:

[Islamic Countries] - It is normal for a man to marry 4 women.
[Catholic Countries] - It is normal for a man to marry just one women.

[Islamic Countries] - It is normal for a women to have her hair covered.
[Catholic Countries] - It is normal for a women to have her hair exposed.

And i can point out many more differences of "normality" from those 2.

It was religion who dictated (sorta) the "norms" on the majority of those countries.

So, again, if your a woman and you have your hair exposed in an islamic country, your not normal.

If your a woman and you have your hair covered in an Catholic country, your not normal.

Normality is defined by social groups, but its not an universal definition.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 01-21-2010 at 02:23 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Astley (Offline)
New to JF

Nina - FMA - 01-21-2010, 02:29 PM

Its gotta be Nina Tucker from FMA.

She's too cute! Its hh way she talks too. It could never last.

A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal
(#28 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

01-21-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Normality is set by the majority, but its not universally. Its up to each individual group to set it as they like it, within the group.

So let me give you some examples of what is considered "normal" within islamic countries, comparing to Catholic countries:

[Islamic Countries] - It is normal for a man to marry 4 women.
[Catholic Countries] - It is normal for a man to marry just one women.

[Islamic Countries] - It is normal for a women to have her hair covered.
[Catholic Countries] - It is normal for a women to have her hair exposed.

And i can point out many more differences of "normality" from those 2.

It was religion who dictated (sorta) the "norms" on the majority of those countries.

So, again, if your a woman and you have your hair exposed in an islamic country, your not normal.

If your a woman and you have your hair covered in an Catholic country, your not normal.

Normality is defined by social groups, but its not an universal definition.
You had to put religion beliefs and usages to counter argue even though we are not talking about those at all. The analogy is completely wrong, because both call monogamy and bigamy the same way. It would be the same as our situation if Christians called monogamy marrying one woman and Islams call monogamy marrying 2+ women.

Anyways, it's clear you just don't want to accept it. The majority wouldn't call Lucy cute because she actually isn't cute. If you say otherwise, you're not normal. Simple as that. No need to put religious BS.

Quote:
(#29 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-21-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
You had to put religion beliefs and usages to counter argue even though we are not talking about those at all. The analogy is completely wrong, because both call monogamy and bigamy the same way. It would be the same as our situation if Christians called monogamy marrying one woman and Islams call monogamy marrying 2+ women.

Anyways, it's clear you just don't want to accept it. The majority wouldn't call Lucy cute because she actually isn't cute. If you say otherwise, you're not normal. Simple as that. No need to put religious BS.
I choose to throw up religion beliefs because it dictates norms. Nothing more and nothing less. And since we are talking about norms, those can be applied aswell to the discussion.

The analogy is right. Monogamy and polygamy have both its divergencies, since monogamy is marrying one women. Only. Which is different from polygamy. (i said 4)

As i told you, i accepted your compliment on calling me "not normal". It means im not included on your social group, which is a good thing.

Lucy is cute. The "majority" is only within your social group. Your group isn't universal, therefore, the norms of your group does not apply universally.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

01-21-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:

Lucy is cute. The "majority" is only within your social group. Your group isn't universal, therefore, the norms of your group does not apply universally.
I suppose there's no need to explain how the analogy of religion beliefs with the definition of cute doesn't work, but hey you won't accept it, ever.

Now, to explain it better, the majority of the world (which is the collection of all groups, big and super small tiny ones like yours) has a different definition of cute. Lucy is not cute, Nyuu is... that was also the point of the anime, which you are opposing.

So yeah, you aren't normal. Claiming to be normal inside your tiny group won't help the case, neither mentioning it like you did. If you accepted what I said, you had better not dragged it more with sociology nonsense.

Quote: