JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
I'm going to ignore the above person with the massively false advertising in his title for ignoring this I said before:

~~~
This phenomenon is obvious. Go live in your own bubble all you want. Easy. But you're not saying anything compelling.
Just admit you have no argument against me and it's settled. Don't make me bring you a list of 100 anime that are NOT youngish.

It's YOU who is living in his own bubble. Stop watching shows for kids and you'll realize how pathetic this thread is.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Just admit you have no argument against me and it's settled. Don't make me bring you a list of 100 anime that are NOT youngish.

It's YOU who is living in his own bubble. Stop watching shows for kids and you'll realize how pathetic this thread is.
Listen, you're annoying and anything but "a pretty cool guy", you're predictable and petulant. Sorry, but I won't be paying attention to that sort of thing where you just ignore what I say and do exactly what I called out, if you have any valid points (which I don't see) among that, it will have to go with it.

Any idiot would know what is the most popular stuff out there. The only popular thing I can think of that isn't what I say is GOTS, and even that can't hold a candle in fandom size to stuff like Hetalia. Go ahead and defy that with more childish turds but I won't be paying special attention to it.

Last edited by xyzone : 12-08-2009 at 09:16 PM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 09:15 PM

(#24 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 09:22 PM

(#25 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 09:31 PM

Touche', xyzone.

But you still aren't acknowledging iPhantom's valid points/questions:

Quote:
Huh, what? What kind of anime you watch?
Quote:
Digimon contained adults as well, and their design looked like an adult.
Quote:
I guess you watch too much shounen, try seinen.

Shounen is generally targeted at kids, so that's one of the reasons. However, not all shounen has 'kiddy' designs, mostly the popular ones.
Quote:
Then you're completely wrong. There is no such thing as an overall trend. IT depends to what age factor it is targeted too.
Quote:
You either start watching other kinds of anime, or don't post nonsense like this.

Cute childish anime has been around since the beginning, it's not some new "trend".

(#26 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
But you still aren't acknowledging iPhantom's valid points/questions:
Actually, I did. Did you somehow miss the above postings?

Quote:
Cute childish anime has been around since the beginning, it's not some new "trend".
Note to me where I said it was about "cute childish anime". I never wrote any such words. Please read what I wrote more carefully.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-08-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Listen, you're annoying and anything but "a pretty cool guy", you're predictable and petulant. Sorry, but I won't be paying attention to that sort of thing where you just ignore what I say and do exactly what I called out, if you have any valid points (which I don't see) among that, it will have to go with it.

Any idiot would know what is the most popular stuff out there. The only popular thing I can think of that isn't what I say is GOTS, and even that can't hold a candle in fandom size to stuff like Hetalia. Go ahead and defy that with more childish turds but I won't be paying special attention to it.
LOL, you're just impossible. I haven't ignored anything you said, and I've brought you anime that are against your argument. That's valid point. You said all anime have the same trend, not me. Now don't go back and tell me only the ones you watch follow it.

Also, Hetalia is the most popular anime for you? Poor you.

I'm not gonna argue with a stubborn person like you. I'll just leave my final opinion in here:

Anime designs depends on demographics. Shounen is generally more on the younger type of design. Seinen is most of the time on the realistical side. Kodomo is for younger people and usualy has this kind of very youngish designs. Beyblade is kodomo and even adults have graphics like kids there.

It has been like that forever, since anime first appeared (the demographics have started with manga first). If you still don't get this, I'll just give up teaching you.

Quote:
Astro boy is also kodomo. Thank you for enforcing my point. He'll never accept it anyway.

ALSO READ THIS: The Demographics of Anime and Manga Defined

Shounen --> "The art style of this demographic is usually more angular to complement the subject matter and fanservice is common."

Shoujo --> "Again, it usually is combined with another genre and the style tends to be much softer than in shounen manga. The girls tend to be cuter or more distinguished rather than overly-sexy. The guys tend to be handsome and caring rather than extreme like shounen protagonists. Lines are rounder and sharp edges are fewer."

Shounen --> "Intended for adult males, seinen manga and anime is usually discernible from shounen by its content, which is more graphic and likely to feature adult situations unsuitable for minors."

Kodomo --> "Dead giveaways: an all animal cast, extreme cuteness with underlying lessons rather than weird, adult undertones."

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?

Last edited by iPhantom : 12-08-2009 at 09:46 PM.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
You said all anime have the same trend
You lack reading comprehension. I'm already bored of this redundancy.

For the last time, I was talking about a rise in the popularity of a certain style, not what you or I or anyone else has seen.

It's like considering hollywood movies, and saying art films are blockbusters because you've seen a few. It's asinine. The accurate thing would be to say stupid stuff like Transformers 2 defines a blockbuster. Just like saying lanky kiddish designs constitute popularity in anime. Neither means that art films and complicated anime don't exist, and I never argued that. You argued against a strawman like a goofball, that's all.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 09:56 PM

You're acting like there's a "young anime style" epidemic. This is not the case, and it is certainly not a new trend as you've implied.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

12-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
You lack reading comprehension. I'm already bored of this redundancy.

For the last time, I was talking about a rise in the popularity of a certain style, not what you or I or anyone else has seen.

It's like considering hollywood movies, and saying art films are blockbusters because you've seen a few. It's asinine. The accurate thing would be to say stupid stuff like Transformers 2 defines a blockbuster. Just like saying lanky kiddish designs constitute popularity in anime. Neither means that art films and complicated anime don't exist, and I never argued that. You argued against a strawman like a goofball, that's all.
Lol, can't believe you still did this post just after I did explain all that. Movies are no anime, your analogy is super flawed. We're talking about graphics. Anime is divided into demographics, and graphics are made to suit the demographics. It has always been this way... since very old time.

There could be no rise of childish style in seinen anime, because there never was and will never be. No one would watch seinen anime with childish graphics. Can't you grasp this? You're just watching too much Shounen, or worse, Kodomo.

Quote: