JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KentsGurl (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to KentsGurl
Question Fruits Basket!! - 06-05-2010, 08:29 AM

Ok so i started watching Fruits Basket and got hooked, only thing is, i've never read the manga and i have friend's telling me that the manga is ALOT different then the actual anime. Can anyone clear this up for me please. I'm tierd of being confused
(#2 (permalink))
Old
llvelady (Offline)
New to JF

Wink 06-05-2010, 11:23 AM

hello
for me the fruit basket anime is not really different from the manga in fact what you see in manga also appears in the anime . BUT (note:there's a big BUT,.haha), the anime is a just a little part of the long twisting story of the manga. i would suggest that you read the manga coz there's really a lot of surprising events which can't be seen in the anime. the manga is a lot beautiful than on the anime.

note: the manga has a very good ending.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Yeah, watching the anime is like watching the first Twilight movie and assuming you know the whole saga(The ending in the books is slightly annoying and it is extremely overrated, the Youtube hate is hilarious, filled with questions such as, "How many times was the word mummered used?") But yeah, you NEED the manga for the full story which IS awsome!!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
06-06-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentsGurl View Post
Ok so i started watching Fruits Basket and got hooked, only thing is, i've never read the manga and i have friend's telling me that the manga is ALOT different then the actual anime. Can anyone clear this up for me please. I'm tierd of being confused
Yes, the anime only covers the first 8 manga. I believe (in America) there is 21 right now, and I believe the 22nd is the last book (but I haven't read the 21st yet so...) So, yes, you are missing out on a whoooooolllllle lot, KentsGurl-san. If you liked the anime, you really should read the manga. It's a lot deeper and surprising. I highly recommend you obtain the books

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-07-2010, 12:53 AM

No, even worse! It only covers up to part of six!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-11-2010, 02:20 AM

There's 23 books total. All 23 are out in America.
Actually, not only does the anime not cover the whole series, it twists some of what it does cover. Especially in the end of the anime. The manga is definetly better to read because it covers a lot more and it actually introduces all of the zodiac members and more of the Soma family's history.

~OPEN MY WINGS~
(#7 (permalink))
Old
OddyStrix (Offline)
JF Regular

06-11-2010, 02:21 AM

Honestly, the Fruits Basket manga is about 3x more satisfying than the anime. It goes way past where the anime stops. I think I must've read the whole thing at least twice.
Fruits Basket is my guilty pleasure. >.>

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must first be different." -Coco Chanel
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-11-2010, 02:23 AM

lol, it's mine, too. I read book 22 7 times in a row when I first got my hands on it.
The manga is definetly better. I could barely watch the anime once (well, twice, but I've read the manga so many more times)

~OPEN MY WINGS~
(#9 (permalink))
Old
OddyStrix (Offline)
JF Regular

06-11-2010, 02:32 AM

Haha, thank gah I'm not alone in this. I definitely agree with you, the manga is much more worth reading than the anime is worth watching.
Honestly, though, I own the anime along with some Frubu merchandise. >.>

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must first be different." -Coco Chanel
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Rice (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Rice
06-15-2010, 07:09 PM

I watched the Anime first when it was coming on tv and I was instantly hooked. I thought it was fantastic and it easily grew to one of my favorite animes. But when I discovered the manga...the anime instantly went to second place. I believe I've read the manga through twice now. I mean, go ahead and watch the anime and if you really enjoy it, go ahead and read the manga ^_^ It can't hurt to do both!