JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

My First and Only AMV - 07-03-2011, 02:42 PM

Tell your friends about it!! I apologize for the choppiness and the brief pause (only a few seconds)

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-03-2011, 04:02 PM

An anime music video has to be visually engaging. Using clips with opening and closing credits really detracts from that. Also, using fansubs in English, Spanish and Arabic is a real turn-off. I couldn't understand the nearly minute of music with no video at the end either.

I know it sounds harsh, but when you post something for others to watch, expect criticism, constructive or not. This was constructive criticism, so please treat it as such.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

07-03-2011, 08:16 PM

Your honesty is appreaciated, but as the ttle says, I'm not making any more. I see and I don't see your point on the subbed thing. I wasn't going to spend hours downloading several copies of the same episode, looking for raws, and I put annotations over most of them.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.

Last edited by manganimefan227 : 07-03-2011 at 08:24 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

07-03-2011, 08:33 PM

The words are what detracts from the visual stimulus. I am not going go into the ethical ramifications of illegally downloading anime here.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-03-2011, 10:35 PM

The future is always trying to control the past. We can not stop our children file sharing,we can only make them criminals.

But to use words like ''ethical'' as if it's a matter of life and death...The corporations like Viacom who are trying to control the world are the only ones in the wrong. The reason why we have this rule,and it's a simple reason,the webmaster doesn't want to get sued,and I understand that. That would be a normal response. That is why that rule is in place. Not because of ''ethics''. Not because if you download one episode,you will topple a corporation,they'll fire loads of staff,they won't be able to make any more...These are multimillionaires we're talking about.

But about the actual thing,I got bored fast. Sorry.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

07-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Something doesn't have to be a "life or death" deal for it to be ethical....
(#7 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-03-2011, 11:04 PM

But it does have to be a genuine problem.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-07-2011, 03:03 AM

A lot of these clips can be found online and OP can probably even argue a case for the clips themselves as fair use. I'd say it's more of a problem with copyright of the song than the anime clips.

Just because OP has all of these clips doesn't mean they stole all the anime. I could download this video, isolate the clips I want, add a new track, and give you a new video if I wanted. And I don't own any of the anime. Not saying they didn't either, but it's not impossible to do this kind of stuff without having the material.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#9 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

07-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Welp I atleast fixed the last minute of Japanese music. I had to translate it myself so if you want to proof read it go ahead, but I'm pretty confident about this one.

But . . .I'll live.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-08-2011, 10:35 PM

Do you know what? Congress are trying to pass a new law called the Copyright Bill,and it would mean that if you lived in America(and it could come over here),say you filmed your friend singing karaoke and put it on YouTube,you could be fined. So we would have to hope that the almighty YouTube decide that it gains the unbelievable honour of being called Fair Use,and that we are allowed a little bit of freedom. It'd be like being 5. Totally wrong. It would make China's ban on Google seem,actually not that bad.

I've signed a petition against it. So,to equate making an anime music video with something akin to culling a badger is a bit off,I feel.