JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Naruto forest campaign (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/33194-naruto-forest-campaign.html)

AkatsukiMemberR 08-04-2010 01:56 AM

Naruto forest campaign

I just got my letter today XD.

Management number of the tree: 11-06772
Plant species: A broadleaf tree.
Afforested Area: Shimokurokoma,Misakacho,Fuefuki-city,Yamanashi,Japan

Did anyone else enter the contest and win a tree?

This is the first thing I've ever won! XXDD

AkatsukiMemberR 08-04-2010 07:37 PM

Sorry for not explaining properly.

Japanese, English-speaking fans were encouraged to take part in a tree-planting project

In celebration of the Naruto manga selling over 100 million books in Japan as of this past April, Weekly Shonen Jump publisher Shueisha and the PresentTree company have established a campaign to plant 7,610 trees on mountains in the Yamanashi prefecture to create "Naruto's Forest." The project will care for the forest for ten years until the trees can grow independently.

The campaign also encourages fans to enter a drawing to become a tree sponsor. Each winner will receive a numbered certificate with information about their specific tree, and numbered signs will be erected next to the trees so each winner can locate their tree. An English-language version of this contest is also available for fans abroad.

To promote the campaign, Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto drew a special illustration of "the Future of Naruto's Forest."

The drawing has ended as far as I know.

dogsbody70 08-04-2010 10:22 PM

HI akatsuki

why not leave your message where it is.

maybe if you explain more clearly about saving the forest others will understand. anyway congratulations.

does that mean a tree will be planted in your name?

AkatsukiMemberR 08-05-2010 12:27 AM

Yes it does actually. im very excited. im going to japan in the spring to see it. XD

dogsbody70 08-05-2010 09:20 AM

congratulations to you Akatsuki. It seems an excellent scheme-- we need to plant trees to help save mankind.

Did you send a drawing and was it the winner. Can we see a copy of your artwork?

How exciting to travel to Japan and see your tree. Wonderful. well Done.

dogsbody70 08-05-2010 09:25 AM

Incidentally its fantastic that over 1oo million books were sold just in APRIL.

They certainly are popular and it is appropriate for the company to set up this competition and replace trees after all the paper that is made from trees. Here in this country (UK) too much paper is wasted.

We are losing trees-- with diseases as well. I believe there was a huge campaign to plant trees here a few months ago.

Columbine 08-05-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsbody70 (Post 822764)
They certainly are popular and it is appropriate for the company to set up this competition and replace trees after all the paper that is made from trees. Here in this country (UK) too much paper is wasted.

I can tell you why ~that~ is. It's because the government has this backward notion that businesses (ie, they who generate the most recyclable paper waste) should pay to have it collected. And if you cart it up to the local plant yourself? It's rejected as it's 'business waste' or they ring up later to complain. Basically most companies only have incentives NOT to recycle.

ToxicEmotion 08-16-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkatsukiMemberR (Post 822578)
I just got my letter today XD.

Management number of the tree: 11-06772
Plant species: A broadleaf tree.
Afforested Area: Shimokurokoma,Misakacho,Fuefuki-city,Yamanashi,Japan

Did anyone else enter the contest and win a tree?

This is the first thing I've ever won! XXDD

Hey your tree is 6 down from mine(11-06778)!!!

AkatsukiMemberR 08-16-2010 03:14 AM

XD awesome. Ill look for yours too.

WingsToDiscovery 08-16-2010 03:38 AM

I wish I had one of those.