JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   anime wisdom (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/3335-anime-wisdom.html)

terra104 03-27-2007 07:33 PM

anime wisdom

okay, so anime is a multipurpose thing..
its fun
its fun
its fun

we learn stuff like cultures
traditions

and it widen ones wisdom

so basically y not share some of the stuff you learned by watching anime

i will start by saying:" a ninja must read underneath the underneath" (kakashi ~ naruto)

a person must learn to read between the lines!

terra104 03-28-2007 05:26 PM

be ur self (fruit basket)

fuu 03-28-2007 07:11 PM

"Mankind cannot obtain anything without first sacrificing something in return"
"To obtain, something of equal value must be lost"
Fullmetal Alchemist

You get what you put in

terra104 03-28-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuu (Post 77413)
"Mankind cannot obtain anything without first sacrificing something in return"
"To obtain, something of equal value must be lost"
Fullmetal Alchemist

You get what you put in

nice one... equivalent trade!

the right path is not always the easy one (naruto)

dragonrazor 03-28-2007 07:50 PM

hmmm...let's see....

"if i have the power to make a difference, i should put it to good use" Kira Yamato, Gundam SEED

fuu 03-28-2007 08:27 PM

*bows down to all that is Gundam*

Muichimotsu (might have spelled that wrong)
free of all bound by nothing I live my life simply as it is.
(Saiyuki)

musashi 03-28-2007 08:57 PM

I found out what a kimono was.....I never knew what one was until i started watching anime.....lol

terra104 03-28-2007 09:03 PM

lol... good one musahi!

dont go looking for a lost paradise, coz it blinden you of the paradise you are living in! (wolf rain)

dragonrazor 03-28-2007 09:05 PM

"you can tell a lot about a man from how low they hang" from some hentai, i forget what it was called << >>

terra104 03-29-2007 06:45 AM

help others not because of ur selfish needs (tsubasa chronicles)

Nazoko 04-04-2007 12:24 PM

I learned many things about peace and war and struggles and standing up for what's right from Gundam SEED. Also why complete pacifism won't work in our imperfect world. Unfortunately, from what I've seen of Gundam SEED destiny, the characters didn't learn all the lessons I did . . . .

dragonrazor 04-04-2007 12:34 PM

hmmm....i'd have to say my biggest lesson learned was from whoever created Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, and the fact that Naoko only did the costumes for it

the lesson is basically, if you make something, do NOT give up creative control to anyone. if they want to remake it, tell them YOU're the one calling the shots, and if they change anything, you'll take legal action

Nazoko 04-04-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonrazor (Post 81025)
hmmm....i'd have to say my biggest lesson learned was from whoever created Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, and the fact that Naoko only did the costumes for it

the lesson is basically, if you make something, do NOT give up creative control to anyone. if they want to remake it, tell them YOU're the one calling the shots, and if they change anything, you'll take legal action

I've read that the original manga was a lot deeper and better than the anime series. Is this what you're referring to?

dragonrazor 04-04-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazoko (Post 81039)
I've read that the original manga was a lot deeper and better than the anime series. Is this what you're referring to?

no...Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is a live action remake of Sailor Moon. the plot is very much like the manga, but all it is is power rangers in miniskirts x.x i watched less than five minutes of a single episode, and had to throw up. then i had to take a long hot shower...and once you see some things, you can't UNSEE them. the casting was horrible, the girls looked NOTHING AT ALL like their characters. for instance, the girl playing sailor jupiter was flat as a board x.x none of the wigs they used for the girls when in Senshi form looked even remotely natural....i could go on and on just about that

Naoko must be kicking herself for allowing it to be done. it's pure and utter crap.

NaKa 07-02-2007 06:29 PM

Oiii... There is many thing to learn in a animé... It's one of the reason, why I love them ^w^

"The world is not beautiful; And that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty" (Kino's Journey)
^And it's just that right it could be...

Suki 07-02-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra104 (Post 77343)
be ur self (fruit basket)

Didn't you know that before watching anime? xDD

I can't think of any at the moment. It's true that Kakashi sometimes says deep stuff, and so does Gai, he had me in tears after Lee's operation. :(

Edit: just rememberd one from One Piece: "If you die, I'll kill you!" (Zoro)

terra104 07-03-2007 02:31 PM

always believe in the best of people ( gakuen alice)

animefan18 07-04-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaksokuDa (Post 167099)
OKAMA WAY~!!!! I learned what Okama is.

Edit: I've learned loads but I can't think of anything! >.< I guess one thing would be some Japanese.

I agree with YaksokuDa...I've learned a lot, but it's kinda hard right at this second to think of one thing...

CPU 07-04-2007 03:44 PM

"let one live alone, doing no evil, care-free like an elephant in the elephant forest", Ghost in the Shell: Innocence. Yea that one hurts the head :confused:

My favourite from most any anime is "let's do our best together", now there's a philosophy we can all use :vsign:

terra104 07-04-2007 07:27 PM

thats nice and true, lets do our best together.. is it from fruit basket??

give love earn love- kyou kara moau

girlonthewing 07-04-2007 08:23 PM

"hold nothing" from saiyuki

forgotenmemory 07-05-2007 04:54 PM

something about hard work! (rock lee) (naruto)

CPU 07-05-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra104 (Post 168814)
thats nice and true, lets do our best together.. is it from fruit basket??

give love earn love- kyou kara moau

Most every anime series will have that line in it at some point, it's probably the most common one throughout anime.

rakashael 07-05-2007 11:51 PM

Friendship

"No greater love, nor nobler heart than he who lays his life down for his friend."

This phrase is originally from the Jungle Book(lol) but I have seen it used in countless anime(i.e Yu-gi-oh, Inuyasha, FMA, Trinity Blood(I think), and Hellsing), with different wording of course, but it carries the same meaning.

zerojustice315 07-06-2007 01:06 PM

"You've still got a ways to go" - Ryoma Echizen

There's always someone better than you

ivi0nk3y 07-06-2007 02:46 PM

Spikes last meal:

Spike: "The food you cook tastes horrible, as usual"
Jet: "For that, you sure are eating a lot"
Spike: "Hunger is the best spice.. they say".

then later

Faye: "where are you going?!"
"Why do you have to go?!"
"Are you telling me you're just going to throw your life away?!"
Spike: "I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if i'm really alive".

Not wise or anything.. just very melo-dramatic.
Love that show a lot :rheart: