JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you think their is a certin age when some one stops watching Anime?
Yes 4 7.84%
NO 47 92.16%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
otaku4life (Offline)
New to JF

Do you think their is a certin age that someone should stop watching anime - 07-25-2010, 04:40 AM

Do you think their is a certain age that someone should stop watching anime and going to anime cons

Last edited by otaku4life : 07-25-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-25-2010, 04:50 AM

Yeah, once you start calling yourself an おたく you know it's time to ease up.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#3 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-25-2010, 04:57 AM

Even though I'm not into anime myself, I don't think there's like a certain age people should just stop enjoying something. It's all down to how the individual handles it. If you're in your 40s, work a minimum wage job, don't have a girlfriend and spend your Saturday nights watching the latest Naruto episode, then maybe it's time to kick the habit. But as long as you're being productive and recognize anime as just a hobby(just like anything else), then there's no reason why you have to put an age limit on it.

Cosplay is a whole other story though. Western cosplay is never cool.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-25-2010, 05:46 AM

Why are non-Japanese not allowed to cosplay?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-25-2010, 07:06 AM

I don't think there is an age you have to stop watching. I'm nearly 40 and I'll still watch shows that catch my eye. There certainly is an age by which you should know not to bring it up to people who do not care for it or argue with people over likes and dislikes.

This is also assuming you have a job and a life and can carry on conversations about other things, obsession is never healthy.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-25-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku4life View Post
Do you think their is a cretin age that someone should stop watching anime and going to anime cons
Awesome freudian slip there;

certain = a particular

cretin = a retard
(#7 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-25-2010, 10:55 AM

I don't watch anime but have seen plenty of animated cartoons etc usually Disney. I have a copy of FIREFLIES which shows about the effect of war on children. I feel that if anime can teach as well as just be fun-- then its good and a great industry surely for JAPAN.

Why should there be an age to stop any thing you enjoy? If it gives pleasure why stop watching?

When there was a japanese festival here, there were some british people dressed in COSPLAY and most had made their own costumes. why shouldn't they try something that they admire and try to emulate? Many of the costumes were brilliant.

I am surprised it is not global hobby, maybe not necessarily from MANGA or ANIME but anything that livens us up and gives a challenge to those who take part.

Usually here in UK anything that is popular in America soon becomes popular in UK. Now why is that?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

07-25-2010, 10:02 PM

No, i dont think so. My moms like 30 somethin and watches anime
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Lyric (Offline)
New to JF

07-26-2010, 05:03 AM

The real question is if we are too old to enjoy life, or laugh or even if we are too old to have fun or relax. Anime, like other things, is a way for people to take time to escape and creativly express themselves or relate to a positive or other type of fictional situation. Anime is no different than reading a Dean Koonze book, or watching a Clint Eastwood film. Its called passive entertainment, and should be respected for its ability to help or please people.

Do not watch alot of Anime, but when I do, its always enjoyable, so have fun and relax a bit, because you dont want to end up a serious person like me

Last edited by Lyric : 07-26-2010 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Spelling error
(#10 (permalink))
Old
conflitz (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to conflitz Send a message via MSN to conflitz
07-26-2010, 12:48 PM

In Japan, people of all ages watch anime, and it's widely accepted. Don't see why it should be any different in other countries.