JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Cosplay (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/33712-cosplay.html)

misfitmosher 09-03-2010 07:55 AM

Cosplay

I don't think theres one up for this yet...
So here it is... i guess..

Anyone here cosplay?
If so who as ^_^?
Do you make it yourself or buy it ?

what do you like about cosplaying?
what dont you like about cosplaying?

I cosplay...
but i haven't done lots due to money...
it is a quite expensive hobby at times... (which is sometimes something i dont like...)
but most will agree that its worth it :p
<3

personally, i like cosplaying with my friends,
and going to conventions and seeing everyone's
cosplays, and how much they've worked on it..
how they did it and stuff..
AND POCKY <3
=3

it's nice to meet new people at conventions too..
when you are in cosplay group...

Yumikoo 09-28-2010 09:07 AM

Anyone who likes cosplay?

I want to cosplay as an anime or game character in our Japanese Art Festival held by our school, but I still cannot make my decision which character shall I cosplay as. I just found 2 good choices: Lightning and Orihime Inoue , which one is better? How about your opinions?
Greetings.

fuu 09-28-2010 09:08 PM

I've done alot of cosplay and the way to make your choice is simple which one will be the most fun for you!!!!

Also think about hair colour. Your hair or a wig. as cost can be a factor as well. Do you sew or are you buying? I have done Orihime before she was fun!

manganimefan227 09-28-2010 10:52 PM

I'd do Lightning . . .Orihime doesn't seem like the funnest character to be . . .unless you plan to make a game of stalking Ichigo and yelling "KUROSAKI-KUN" every five seconds in a panick-y matter :p

Yumikoo 09-29-2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuu (Post 830924)
I've done alot of cosplay and the way to make your choice is simple which one will be the most fun for you!!!!

Also think about hair colour. Your hair or a wig. as cost can be a factor as well. Do you sew or are you buying? I have done Orihime before she was fun!

I prefer to buy all accessories on the Internet..:p

Yumikoo 09-29-2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manganimefan227 (Post 830944)
I'd do Lightning . . .Orihime doesn't seem like the funnest character to be . . .unless you plan to make a game of stalking Ichigo and yelling "KUROSAKI-KUN" every five seconds in a panick-y matter :p

I also like Lightning, she's a very popular character. :vsign:

loveking 09-29-2010 07:38 AM

like Lightning, too, ouya:D

CoolNard 10-01-2010 09:09 AM

Cosplay is actually a fashion now, isn't it? I hope it'll engulf the world and become an accepted and highly regarded global fashion scene. Many claim it to be pretentious and childish, but they don't know anything. :) Cafes that essentially offer anime-styled maid/butler services are now pretty popular, so there's some reason to get involved in the trend. Needless to say, anime conventions are quite a hit also. I saw some pictures on youtube and they're impressively realistic. Check out the Sephiroth one, I forget which videos they are (they should be by the same poster) but they're totally eye-candy.

Who cares what other people say? Cosplay FTW. :cool:

Aniki 10-01-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolNard (Post 831251)
Cosplay is actually a fashion now, isn't it?

No, it's not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolNard (Post 831251)
I hope it'll engulf the world and become an accepted and highly regarded global fashion scene

Not gonna happen.

Swordmaster 10-01-2010 08:24 PM

I'm pretty sure you're making the mistake of calling the eccentric cosplayers.

Although, weird fashion is always cool fashion in my books - as long as it's not too crazy. Even I have my limits.