(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Super Street Fighter IV OVA - 10-20-2010, 05:59 AM

So who's watched this?

Sneak Preview

Isn't it both awesome and nostalgic that Street Fighter is back? The graphics look like Blood Plus' graphics, not that I'm complaining. Seems like a great mother-of-all-plots is overtaking the street fighting scene, considering the parties involved. I won't spoil much, but let's say Guile and two others from the Interpol got their asses kicked, hard.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-20-2010, 08:53 AM

The thing that ruins it for me is that fact that Chun Li Guile and Cammy wear their stupid costumes around.

Having them break into costume could be an Easter egg somewhere in the movie for some of the characters perhaps.

But that's it.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

10-20-2010, 09:23 AM

That's kinda true, but it's Street Fighter, whaddaya expect? Maybe the costumes are what keeps that 'look' and the prospect of their return.

I'd rather see my favorite characters, Ken and Ryu, in their combat gear, than some office wear, lol. Damn, when are they gonna show up?

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-22-2010, 05:16 AM

Haha.. As a movie adaption of a game I guess I don't expect all that much

I don't know. The story from the game isn't all that compelling to begin with. I would have liked to think they would have taken that as an oppurtunity to get creative.

Ken and Ryu in their respective red and white dougi would be kinda cool for a fight between the two but that's about it.

I imagine Ken wearing perhaps jeans and a hoodie when he's not training.

Ryu being the vagabond traveller that he is would suit perhaps his dougi pants and a sweater with a backpack full of the stuff he lives off.

Chun Li, Guile and Cammy being cops or at least working with them, I imagine wearing casual plain clothes detective gear. Something you'd see a CSI detective wearing. Trenchcoat.. shirt.. tie perhaps.

Depending on the story though I guess Guile and Cammy could also be in uniform.. and by uniform I mean PROPER uniform not the joke of a getup they are wearing in the anime.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

10-22-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Haha.. As a movie adaption of a game I guess I don't expect all that much

I don't know. The story from the game isn't all that compelling to begin with. I would have liked to think they would have taken that as an oppurtunity to get creative.

Ken and Ryu in their respective red and white dougi would be kinda cool for a fight between the two but that's about it.

I imagine Ken wearing perhaps jeans and a hoodie when he's not training.

Ryu being the vagabond traveller that he is would suit perhaps his dougi pants and a sweater with a backpack full of the stuff he lives off.

Chun Li, Guile and Cammy being cops or at least working with them, I imagine wearing casual plain clothes detective gear. Something you'd see a CSI detective wearing. Trenchcoat.. shirt.. tie perhaps.

Depending on the story though I guess Guile and Cammy could also be in uniform.. and by uniform I mean PROPER uniform not the joke of a getup they are wearing in the anime.
Plot-wise and garment wise? Creativity could have been there, I guess. But it's only the first episode, and I think they're veiling a pretty good story beneath the workings. Let's see what they've got.

Ah, those don't look too bad on them, now, do they? If they're not literally packing a wallop, that is. If they're fighting, though, they should then whip out their street fighting outfits, what with the dougi and the army boots and the china makeover.

Ken, Ryu, Bison... They've already fought in the same scenes before, but they're epic, so I don't really mind. I'd so love for 'legendary' characters, like Alex and Akuma, to show up and complicate things further.