JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
The Death Note thread ^_^ - 04-03-2007, 03:56 AM

I think it was removed, lol... I'm a Kira supporter.. Sorry Rikku! >_<" My siggi and avy say it all

Edited: For those who haven't the slightest idea what Death Note is...
Lol, to put in in the fewest words, it's only one of the 'bestest' anime/manga ever which has resulted in two movies starred by real life actors/actresses! It deserves an award for being the most unpredictable and as a result, most anticipated series as well!

A brief description (with minor but possible spoilers! ):

Death Note's story revolves around a high school student named Light, prestigiously known for being a super prodigy in Japan, and who happens to come across a notebook, that is owned by a shinigami (death god) named Ryuk. This notebook, has a mysterious power. When one writes a human's name in it (whilst bearing the image of that particular person's face in mind), within 40 seconds the person whose name is written on the death note will die. One can also elaborate on the cause of their deaths, or leave it blank after writing their names, in which they will simply die of a heart attack by default, instead. Thus, Light who has become disgusted at the world, decides to change it for the better. He starts a campaign to rid the world of criminals and crime, which earns him the name, Kira (saviour). But what sacrifices will Light take to obtain his new world?

L is, but an alias. His true identity has yet to be known. No one knows his face, true name, nor location. A genius of geniuses with an incredible fetish for sweets, he is the trump card of the ICQP Interpol. Hence, he's been able to solve many police cases that no one else has ever been able to. Solely working for his own agenda, he only pursues mysterious cases that intrigue him. Evidently, the case of the chain of criminal homocides has breached his interest list. Now, the detective is set upon finding the mastermind of the deaths caused by this so-called Kira.

Light

L

For details, please visit the link that Miss Rikku has very kindly posted up below ^_^

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 07-09-2007 at 06:40 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
04-03-2007, 04:27 AM

Ok, i've heard soooo much about Death Note, but ive never seen the anime. I did read the a sample of the manga tho. So someone tell me about it. is it really good? and whats it really about?

I know no one will really read this :P but
I miss rikku! i could have swore she made this thread ::crys::

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson

Last edited by QueenNanami : 07-10-2007 at 03:54 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
04-03-2007, 04:30 AM

[post removed]

Last edited by Rikku777 : 07-03-2007 at 04:55 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-03-2007, 04:32 AM

QueenNanami: What??!!! *falls over and dies* XD It's only like, one of the best anime/manga eve in the history of anime/manga!! Sheesh, I sound like a 5 yr old

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

04-03-2007, 04:39 AM

It sounds awsome ty ty rikku! lol CoolNard. yeah i always see your guys ava's and siggies and wonder if it's really something i should look into. by the sound of it, i should have got it long ago

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-03-2007, 04:47 AM

Lol, don't worry too much abt it, it's nv too late to get into death note! XD Like Rikku said, it's great Take your time and savour the moment while it lasts before you reach the phase where you'll hv to wait one week for an episode to b available

P.S. your avy rocks!!! I love FFIX too

(#7 (permalink))
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

04-03-2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Lol, don't worry too much abt it, it's nv too late to get into death note! XD Like Rikku said, it's great Take your time and savour the moment while it lasts before you reach the phase where you'll hv to wait one week for an episode to b available

P.S. your avy rocks!!! I love FFIX too
you like FFIX?! no one likes FFIX... i thought i was the only one! i'll try to take my time but if i really like it, i wont be able to control myself x.x

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
04-03-2007, 05:03 AM

[post removed]

Last edited by Rikku777 : 07-03-2007 at 04:55 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-03-2007, 05:09 AM

QN: Not like lol, love It's ending is truly a masterpiece I remember feeling a lil emotional then XD Your siggi captured a good essence of the ending ^_^

Rikku: Heh heh... *speechless* lol X_X No one can hope to stand against the power of the Shinigami.... mwahahah XD

(#10 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

04-03-2007, 04:22 PM

I love it because it is purely about power and strategy. I think it would be perfect to study in internation relations class!! XD Kira is the coolest! L is pretty cool, but I don't know how anyone could think he is cute...lol Rikku!, cough ahem! Ohh...that reminds me...I have to catch up...I'm still on like 21...how many do they have out so far?? Go Kira!

IamKira